Wally Software Update

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Wally Software Update

JourneyBob
Character Actor

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately, I don't get channel 232, but I tried with other dedicated channels and it still won't finish and update. At my wits end with this.

Highlighted

Littlebaler
Camera Crew

No luck today. It started to download 3 different times but would get so far and then stop. Once about 80%.  Giving up for the day.

The one that did download is up front on the primary feed/cable and seems to be working.

JKJASINSKI
Costume Designer
Littlebaler have you tried switching the boxes with each other. That happened to us. The bedroom receiver downloaded, but we couldn't get the living room to, so my husband went on the roof to switch the primary and secondary cable (easier than switching the boxes from living room to bedroom). We the forced the download. Our secondary port only locks on to one satellite at a time, so we locked it on 119 and it downloaded. Not sure if this will help. Good luck. I understand your frustration!

Littlebaler
Camera Crew

How do you lock it on 119?

yes I have switched the boxes 

thanks for your help.

Bill

Delilah
Character Actor

Having all same issues. Now DISH “tech” says they are hearing from the back office that it is because I do not have good enough signal strength. I’m getting about 25 on Satellite 119. Mind you, I told her I didn’t see how that mattered when it constantly switches from that satellite to another because of the s/w glitch. Has anyone else noticed that once they move their RV and happen to find signal strength above 40, that the upgrade will or won’t complete? I think that was just another thing to get me off the phone because they just don’t know. 

terry614
Camera Crew
I guess there is a point of signal strength when ityjudt not enough but I don’t know what’ that might be. I certainly wouldn’t take DISH tech support word as gospel, given all that has happened. I know for me I didn’t move the RV or the dish. The only thing I did different is move the receiver to a connection to the dish that bypassed control box for the dish. Next morning it was updated. Moved the other receiver to that line and next morning that one was updated I did set main receiver to the 119 satellite and then put it on standby. Seems as though they could send the update to us via a downloadable fie in an email. We could put it on a usb stick and move it to the receiver and upload it. But then that is to simple.

Littlebaler
Camera Crew

I finally got u802 to download on my second receiver. Just keep trying, change Chanel’s and try again. Definalely should not be this way and scares me what’s next! The road trip t4 is a piece of junk and will not perform as advertised. Good luck

Bill

JourneyBob
Character Actor

Finally got both my Wally boxes to update to the U802 software version by taking the boxes to Camping World and using their satellite connection to do the download. Since Camping World sells the dish Wally receivers they have a satellite connection to do installs. Camping world parts people were great and no charge to use their satellite connection to do the update. Anyone else having problems might want to try this.

Veto
Camera Crew
Can anyone confirm that the update actually fixes the problem with Winegard T4?

KandM-18
Costume Designer
Hi lizgup
My download took place in the 25th but have still have been having trouble.
Arrive at new campsite, turn everything in and it does the switch status, acquires signal then goes directly to a channel, usually 110-food network.
Guide doesn’t download BUT I do have the local channels. The guide shows stations up to 1 day in advance. It USED to give me a week in advance.
I have a Pathway x2 w/Wally receiver and am using the Eastern arc sats (61.5, 72,77)
My antenna can see the Western arc sats and actually was pointing to them yesterday
(yeah, I tried) but when checking diagnostics, it still was locked in sat 61.5