Wally Software Update

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Wally Software Update

DISH Employee

Hi JourneyBob. With the two Wallys are they both connected to the Winegard directly or running through the RV's coaxial set  up? If connected directly, please set up receiver to update an hour after its regular update time(ex. if receiver is setup to update at 1am set to 2am). However, make sure the receiver is left on for at lest an hour(make sure inactivity standby is set to more then 2 hours)while watching TV receiver should update. 

Highlighted

Littlebaler
Camera Crew

Is this just a Wally problem?  Wally + wineguard Roadt trip TR problem?  

JourneyBob
Character Actor

I had the satellite system installed when I bought the RV brand new. The cabinet where both boxes are located is almost directly below where the satellite is on the roof so I think the boxes are wired directly but I could be wrong since the RV was supposedly prewired for satellite set-up. I am going to leave both boxes in standby overnight tonight with the receivers set to update at 3 am. I am going to keep my fingers crossed.

Thanks for the reply.

JourneyBob
Character Actor

Am not sure if this is just a Wally problem. It does seem that people who have the VIP 211 don't seem to have this problem.

This is ridiculous already. For the past month I haven’t been able to watch tv without the dreaded 004 error. Yesterday spent ALL day on the phone with them trying everything but still nothing. Even reactivated my other box to try that one and that won’t update from 449. Every time I talk to someone they tell me something different. Needs to be on satellite 119. Needs to be on 110. Personally, none of them know what they are talking about. Just came home from the hospital yesterday morning and all I wanted to do was watch tv and relax. Dish is working wonders for my BP. I have 6 days left in this cycle and not have not gotten any credit for all the aggravation. There thing is to blame the RV wiring all the time. Funny thing is it worked FINE from January to April. No camping world near me but if dish is a part of camping world that should tell y’all something in a nutshell. 6 days and directtv is on the horizon. #FedUp

DISH Employee

We hate to hear that you're upset, xxplumcrazeexx! Our engineering team is working very hard to get this issue resolved as soon as possible! We would be happy to assist you and see if there's anything else that we can try to get this issue fixed for you.

lizgup
Costume Designer

Littlebaler - What kind of satellite do you have? If it is a Winegard G2 or T4 in motion, that could be the problem. I have both of those satellites, but also have a Dish Playmaker (which is just like the G2) except the power to the satellite is through the coax and not a separate power supply. I think the problem with the G2 and T4 is that even when you have it on a channel with the 119 satellite, it still trys to change transponders and when it does this that's when the download is lost or stops. I went through this so many times I can't tell you until I hooked up the Dish Playmaker and was able to download to both Wally's. Whatever their software update (U801) did, it created the problem with the satellite staying fixed on one transponder. I put mine on channel 232 which only receives 119 and some satellite in the 70's which I wouldn't connect to. But if I'm right about the transponder switching, it might not help to use that channel. But worth a try.

lizgup
Costume Designer

I just responded to Littlebaler about how I was able to finally get the update. It's sad that the customers on this forum are coming up with possible solutions on how to get the download and correct the problem and not Dish engineers. They should have figured this out by now! The problem you're having is definitely the same I had and it's because of the T4. It changes transponders in the middle of the download which causes a split second signal loss and stops the download. Not sure why Dish can't figure this out since I did and I'm certainly not an expert in this area. If you are in a campground, walk around and see if you can find someone with a Tailgater, Dish Playmaker or Traveler that is using Dish and see if they would download the update for you. I know I would help anyone going through this insanely frustrating process. You could also try as someone else suggested, by connecting to the secondary port, put the main satellite on channel 232 and force the download by putting the receiver in sleep mode. Don't disturb it and usually after about 10-15 minutes it will attempt the download. Wait to see if the download goes all the way and if not, asking a fellow camper for help may be your only solution.

lizgup
Costume Designer

It's definitely a Wally problem - but until the new software came out it was anyone that had a portable satellite. The problem now is that since the new software is available, people with the portable Winegard satellites can't get their satellites to keep from jumping transponders and/or satellites to get the download. Once you are able to get the download, everything will work again, but trying to get it is enough to make you go insane. I know. I was there a few days ago.

Littlebaler
Camera Crew

Lizgup

i will be back at it today. Yesterday we finally got the receiver in the bedroom to download. Moved it to the primary in the front of rv and somehow lost the switch so so spent several hours unplugging,rebooting etc and finally got the front tv with the box that has the 802 software to work about 9:00 pm. Then I turned the bedroom tv to 105 and pressed the power switch on the Wally . Left it for the night.

bought the RV last fall with this setup , wineguard t4 road trip, two Wally’s. Had to switch front cable to back and back to front initially because I wanted the control on front tv. We stay in Arizona all winter and front tv worked good , back tv was very difficult to change channel etc. we came home to Washington in April.tv was ok but does not work in motion which was ok with me.  Took rv on short trip a few weeks ago and it would not hold HD channels. I thought it was just me until the other day when I went outside to see if I could get it fixed before another trip.

im sure you are correct that the t4 primary does change transponders in the middle of the software download and the download stops. 

Too bad you can’t download the software with your computer or WiFi connection

i will continue today and give a report.

thanks Bill