Wally Software Update

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Wally Software Update

lizgup
Costume Designer

I've got a T4 on the roof as well as a G2 carryout. I tried to download the updated software more times than I can count. Nothing worked. I also have a Dish Playmaker carryout but had not been using that. Decided to hook that up to the Wally and was finally able to download the software update. I think the issue with the G2 and T4 is that the electric signal to the Wally does not go through the coax like it does with the Dish Playmaker.....well that's the only thing I can figure out that's different between the three systems.  Using the Dish Playmaker I put the TV on channel 232 (which only receives signal through satellite 119 (and 72.something, but not a satellite I get) and was able to complete the download. If you need more info let me know. You can get a Dish Playmaker a lot cheaper than a Traveler. Once the download is complete, the T4 and G2 dishes work fine.

terry614
Camera Crew
My bedroom receiver updated during the night . Not sure why all of a sudden it did when nothing I or customer support tried would work. So today I moved that receiver to the living room of the RV . That is where the control for my G2+ dish is connected. So far it is working fine. It’s only been a few hours so not sure it will last but it’s the first time since I purchased the Wally’s that it has worked . Can’t believe it. Bedroom receiver is on standby so maybe it will update at some point also. Given this turn of events my advise is hang in there a while longer.

Acbbqpit
Extra
How do I get the updates, and are they working yet! I have 2 Wally’s and a T4 dish and it’s been the worst $1500 I’ve spent

DISH Employee

I know that the software issue has been a sore thumb for our Wally users. I can walk you though forcing the new update to the receiver if you'd like. Can you please provide me with your phone number, and security pin in a private message so that I may access your account?

Littlebaler
Camera Crew

How do you send private message Kimberly?

terry614
Camera Crew
Sign in, click on the envelope icon, post new messyand write in name of person you want to send to.

DISH Employee

You can view the steps on sending a Private Message in Communities here:
 https://communities.dish.com/t5/Communities-101/How-To-Send-a-Private-Message/td-p/15039

sibonium
Character Actor

A "sore thumb"? Really?

You brick our receivers a month ago, make us spend hours performing useless and unsuccesful crap procedures to fix your problem, endlessly promise a daily solution that never works, and all the while collect $$$ from us while providing empty assurances that your "engineers are working on it"...and you call that a "sore thumb"?

Yeah, a "sore thumb", you know, a minor inconvenience, of no real consequence to you, just a slight bother, really just kind of a small annoyance...

You have no clue as to the loss of goodwill you are driving, and the negative information we are posting on the internet regarding the failure of DISH to own their problem and prioritize an immediate solution.

Fix the software (it doesn't take a month to fix a probelm you know you caused), replace the receivers that are now non-functional, and compensate your customers for their inconvenience, or admit that you are charging people while knowingly unable to deliver the promised service. 

Maybe it would help to think of us not as unhappy customers, but rather a "class"? Ask you legal department.

Highlighted

HR
Camera Crew

I finally had success with the new download. I’ve been trying over and over to get the download with no success. Every time I tried , I would be on Channel 110 to assure that I was on satellite 119. It would usually start out with a guide update and for some reason that would cause a channel change. This would then change the satellite to 129. So around 11:00 PM last night, I went to channel 110, I then turned off the power to the dish . I did this hoping that it would stay locked in to satellite 110. I then shut off the TV and hopped the download would start on its on. 7:00 AM this morning I turned on the television and saw that the new update had a successful download. Hope this helps

terry614
Camera Crew
Both of my receivers have now updated. In both case the receiver was moved to the bedroom where the controller for the fish was not located. Might be coincidence, or maybe it has something to do with the dish controller interference with the download. Too bad DISH tech’s were not forced to figure things out like we customers were. Hopefully this might help others who are still fighting with this issue.