cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Wally Software Update

Brad_Felmey
Character Actor

I just wasted hours of my life with DISH Advanced Technical Support. Everything imaginable was tried, including resetting the "go to sleep and update thyself" time setting. Absolutely nothing has worked to get U802 on our Wally. I was literally told by the last ATS that they were out of things to try, and I should simply call Outdoors Support. [!!!]

I did. The first call simply disconnected, and the second one dumped me straight into voice mail. Happily for them, it's now 5 minutes before they bail out for the night. I'm sure if I get a return call it'll be at some random time that I'm not home, or in the bathroom, or pretty much any time except when I needed the support - at the time of my call.

I am in utter disbelief that DISH could so thoroughly mismanage this situation. Dump a half-baked software release that breaks many people. Wait a month (a MONTH) to send an update, which also fails miserably. Have ATS give you a "Duh, I dunno" and refuse to answer the phone after that.

Seriously - who at DISH thinks this constitutes good customer service? Is there anyone other than the poor front-line folks stuck dealing with broken customers who cares enough to yank a knot in someone's backside to get this disaster on the right track?

JKJASINSKI
Costume Designer
Same happened to me today. Four hours on the phone. ATS said they have done every work around they know, so my only option now is to drive 120 miles to a DISH Customer(Camping World is the closest to me) center and have them download the U802 update. Unbelievable!

dchouk
Extra

Go here for list of channels on 129:  http://uplink.jameslong.name/channels.html

KandM-18
Costume Designer
Well, my update took and yesterday my guide was showing scheduled programs a week in advance. My problem was that local channels were not showing up and my DVR shows, when selected, indicated ‘no episodes’. Only way to watch was to scroll over to the recorded show and press INFO on the remote BUT even though more than one episode was recorded it would only play the most recent one.
SO, tech support via Private Message, Kimberly spent quite a long time texting back and forth getting all this info plus my acct info. Well, all of a sudden, before doing any “unplug/restart” my DVR programs ALL showed up YEAH!!!
So, getting to the locals; do a restart, okay. Wait.....switch status/acquiring signal/ download guide all completed and Presto!
DVR is back to not working, no locals AND program guide only advances to 3PM TODAY! All the shows I have set to record through this week are not going to record!
So, Kimberly can no longer provide assistance, which I understand, and directs me to Dish Outdoor Support. Okay!
Dish outdoor support is only there to help you purchase or set up NEW equipment or direct you to the manufacturer of your Winegard or King antennas (which are closed due to the holiday.
WTF!!!!!!!!!!
Wow, I think I’m going to disable the auto download feature since they obviously don’t do anything beneficial!

KandM-18
Costume Designer
Oh, almost forgot!!! Switching channels; the dreaded ‘signal loss’ box appears, goes away, about 4-5 times and picture, when it’s on, is pixelated. Switching back to the “good” channel and it comes in fine!(110)
So, I decided to attempt a @test installation” and the switch status progress does nothing (10 min now). Guess I’ll do a shutdown/restart!!!

KandM-18
Costume Designer
UPDATE 10:30AM
Unplug/restart!
Still no locals, DVR appears to be fixed and guide now advances to Wednesday, 7:30am
Leaving it JUST the way it is!!!!!!!

Brad_Felmey
Character Actor

Now nearly 24 hours after leaving a voice mail. No response.

Brad_Felmey
Character Actor

I've called again. I was dumped straight into voice mail again, despite the ATS telling me they were still open until 9.

But at least I have the comfort of knowing that "your call is important to us!"

:-/

terry614
Camera Crew
Just want to add my total frustration with DISH. I like you and who knows how many others have been lied to and ignored by DISH. My two Wally receivers have not worked properly since I purchased them. If I could go back in time I would still be happily watching my Directv. What was I thinking???🤪🤪🤪🤨😳

Littlebaler
Camera Crew

Ditto everything already discussed here. Did not realize there was a discussion forum. Called dish today and had the downloading problem, called again , no resolution. Now when I try to download software I get a message that says I already have u801 and do not need a download. I have the terrible wineguard t4 and two Wally’s. I’m ready to change the dish to a traveler . Do you think that would help? Different Wally boxes?