Wally Software Update

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Wally Software Update

JKJASINSKI
Costume Designer
Lizgup, do you mind my asking what type of equipment you are using? We have Carryout G2 with two Wally receivers.
Highlighted

lizgup
Costume Designer

We have a Winegard G2 that we hook up to one Wally and a Winegard In Motion 4T on the roof that we hook up to our second Wally. We also have a Dish Playmaker which is similar to the G2 that I am going to try and hookup today to one of the Wallys and see if I can complete a download. However, I'm not holding out much hope. It seems like they are never going to get this straightened out. It's been over a month that we have been dealing with this.

lizgup
Costume Designer

I get it. Whoever told you they would send a technician out has no clue what is going on with this. The software update is not working with many os us that have Winegard systems. We've got a couple thousand dollars worth of equipment that appears to be useless with Dish service and they are the ones that screwed it all up.

ftrv
Camera Crew

Just wanted to let you guys know I fixed my Dish software update problem and it was so easy.  I have two units...a Dish Tailgater that updated on first try and works perfectly and the other unit is a WinoGaard that wouldn't update or work right since the Dish programmers lost their sobriety.

As everyone knows, accidents happen and my WinoGarrd had a bad one.  I set my satelite on the rail of a nearby fishing pier and the first big wind blew it off and into the drink.  In order to retrieve it, I had to use a frog gig and those dozen or so holes sure scuffed it up a bit.  Then to get it back to the RV, I tied a rope to the exposed metal dish and the car bumper and drug it back...taking the long scenic route at about 80mph.

The insurance company sympathized with my misfortunate experience and cut me a check for $120 more than I paid for the thing.  Then I bought a Dish Tailgater, hooked it up, updated the software and it's working perfectly.  With the money left over, I took my wife out to dinner at the most romantic restaurant in town.  The joint was called Hooters and man was it romantic!  Hope this helps......

Reacher1
Character Actor

Yes it helped so much that I accidently sat on the remote while laughing ...until smoke poured out of my wally.  It caught fire and totaled the RV..I hope my insurance company is as generous as yours.

JKJASINSKI
Costume Designer
After 4 hours and 3 phone calls, the solution is I drive 2 hours to Camping World and have them hookup my receivers to their non mobile satellite for the U802 update. So pissed. Not sure what we are going to do.

KandM-18
Costume Designer
That’s a shame! Appears mine is working except for local channels, which is being worked on at this time. We’re in Southern Virginia, where are you?

JKJASINSKI
Costume Designer
Eastern North Carolina. Luckily, looks like CW service dept. is open tomorrow. Certainly couldn't get there on a work day. I'd switch back to DIRECTV, still might. My only issue with them was only SD channels. Right now I'm thinking I could live with that, but just spent $260 on DISH equipment.

KandM-18
Costume Designer
Wow! I’ve heard too many horror stories about Direct. We’ve had Dish at our home, before liquidating everything, for 15 years. Before that it was Direct but they’d raise our rates every other month w/o warning.
Best of luck with everything and Safe Travels!

JKJASINSKI
Costume Designer
Thank you! Safe travels as well!