cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Wally Software Update

ftrv
Camera Crew

We have two satelite dishes at our RV.  One is a Dish Tailgater and the other is a Winegaard brand but similar in size and both connect to separate Wally receivers.  A couple of days ago, the Dish Tailgater upgraded the software automatically to the U802 version with no problem.  The other Winegaard will not upgrade past U801 no matter what I do and, trust me, I've done everything humanly possible.

On the 323rd software upgrade attempt, I noticed that the "vital data" downloads but the system reboots before the green progress bar completes and the system goes to Standby.  This is where many of your customers think it's OK to press any key to watch TV.  Nothing warns them they shouldn't.  But if they wait a few minutes, the system will go back to the software upgrade installation screen and the progress bar will complete.  The system then once again goes to the Standby screen apparently for the next 5 years...OK, just kidding but there is no message that says "Don't touch your remote" and to let it run in standby for 30 minutes or whatever is required.  

For me personally, doing all this accomplishes nothing but it did manage to update the U801 version from May 6th to U801 May 22nd.  I got so excited when I saw something had finally changed I had to go take a Xanax and calm down.  Then I saw that the problem was still there and had to take two more pills to keep from throwing the Wally into my TV screen.  If I didn't have at least one TV that worked, I'd probably be hangine from a rope right now.  

So, just wanted to say your instructions not only don't work but are very inadequate and confusing.  I've employed several top notch programmers over the past 20 years and when update code is released that doesn't work, you go back to the last version that did.  Then debug the junk until it works.  You lose a lot fewer customers that way.

KandM-18
Costume Designer
JasmineD or BrendaV or whoever is listening.
My update has completed and I can now see the guide, in full, EXCEPT I have no local channels. Also my issue with the DVR needs addressed.🤔🤔(see previous comment)

DISH Employee

Hello KandM-18. I hate to hear that you're still not seeing your locals after the update. It could be something account related, so like jump into a Private Message, and find out what's causing this. I would also be happy to tackle the DVR issue while we're there. 

Sbdbsvls
Camera Crew
We have the update on both wallysbut.. the bedroom wallywill not download the guide or continue on to watch tv

DISH Employee

Hello Sbdbsvls. Have you already tried to force a guide update on the bedroom Wally by unplugging it from the power for 15 seconds and plugging it back in? 

Sbdbsvls
Camera Crew
Yes, several times.

KandM-18
Costume Designer
Hi, CalebS!
I certainly hope it’s not account related as we’ve made NO changes to our account and were watching local stations just before this fiasco developed.
As for the DVR, this issue occurred about 2 months ago and resolved after a phone Tech issued a trouble ticket to ‘someone’(?).
After we arrived at our new campground here in Virginia, that’s when the issue returned.
Do I send a Private Message by using the envelope icon?

DISH Employee

Sbdbsvls, what screen are you on right now? 

KandM-18, here is a link with step-by-step instructions on how to send a PM: https://communities.dish.com/t5/Communities-101/How-To-Send-a-Private-Message/td-p/15039

lizgup
Costume Designer

Well KandM your ahead of me as I still not have been able to get the update to download! As someone said earlier I have tried this thing what feels like hundreds of times and it will NEVER complete and Wally restarts with the same problem. I am beyond frustrated at this point.

JKJASINSKI
Costume Designer
Lizgup, me too! Chatted with BrendaV yesterday. Then all of a sudden it's Kelper and he says BrendaV is no longer available. He proceeds to tell me to do the same thing I've just done with BrendaV. He then says he can send a technician out next week? I'm in an RV on a military base?
How will that work. No response from him and then a message from a completely different person that my complaint has been escalated whatever that means. I've been told that twice now.