Wally Software Update

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Wally Software Update

KandM-18
Costume Designer
Once again, no update. Others in this forum also have legitimate concerns regarding the validity of the information being given to us!
Three times now I’ve been told that the update will take place.
One user has posed the question: has anyone on this forum actually received the new update that has corrected the problems?
Well, I think that is a very good question also.
Is there anyone at Dish that can actually verify that this supposed update is in use by customers and has restored the issues noted?

KandM-18
Costume Designer
Seeing your question, I posed this to the Dish team this morning. Just completed my third overnight download attempt to no avail!
Highlighted

DISH Employee

Good morning. We have received reports of customers that have had this issue resolved with the new software update. Our Engineers have provided us with additional steps to assist with the download of the u802 software for the Wallys that have been unable to download on their own overnight or through a force download in the Guide. 

You will want to ensure that the receiver is tuned to a channel on either the  61.5 or 119 orbital. Channel 110 is a good example to use as its signal does come down from both of these orbitals. Once the receiver is tuned to a proper channel, you will want to place your receiver on the Standby screen, that will say "Press any button to watch TV", for 30 minutes to allow the software to download.

KandM-18
Costume Designer
Okay, I have 110 tunes in and verified it’s on 61.5 so, how do I place my screen to the Standby stage?

DISH Employee

To place your Wally on Standby you would just need to press the power button on the remote or the front of the Wally. The Standby screen typically provides information on different features but will always say "Press any button to watch TV" at the bottom.

lizgup
Costume Designer

I just put the tv on channel 110 and got the dreaded error message to channel up or down. So I checked the diagnostic page and discovered it was on satellite 129. Changed to satellite to 119 and placed in standby mode. Just wondering if it will try to switch back to 129 and therefore not complete the download. Will wait the 30 minutes and check and report back here.

KandM-18
Costume Designer
👍
So, now I just wait 30 minutes or so then select any button to watch tv again and check update status? Or will the tv come back on on it’s own?

DISH Employee

Once the software download starts, it should show you the progress of it on the screen itself without needing to select any buttons. After the download finishes, the Wally should go to Live TV on its own. 

lizgup, you can also try channel 114, as the HD signal for it also comes from the 119 satellite.

JKJASINSKI
Costume Designer
1. My satellite locks on 129 when on channel 110.
2. Switched to 105 USA Channel. Satellite locked on 119.
Looked like it was downloading the information. Vital update....green status bar.
3. Wally restarted, then went into standby mode. Waited 1/2 an hour. Hit any key to watch TV.
NO UPDATE! STILL U801 ON 4/24.
Did this on 2 receivers.
Trying again.
Probably wasting my time again.

DISH Employee

Thank you for trying the steps, JKJASINSKI. I will escalate this immediately to our Engineers to let them know that the workaround they have provided did not work for your Wally. If you would like to link your account and equipment information to this report, don't hesitate to send us a Private Message so we can get that added. https://communities.dish.com/t5/Communities-101/How-To-Send-a-Private-Message/td-p/15039