cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Wally Software Update

KandM-18
Costume Designer
Megan,
PS: guide is downloaded but still version U801 so, no local channels and in order to watch DVR I have to scroll over to my program and instead of pressing select to watch I have to press the INFO button then choose watch. When I just select the program it says “no episodes available”.
So, I suppose I’ll have to wait until tomorrow evening for the new update to become available? I am currently camping in Virginia so I’m not sure how Dish is selecting which people to send updates to🙄🤔

DISH Employee

The guide update will be different from the actual software update. For the software update to be applied the receiver would need to be in standby with no tuners being accessed. The guide update would need to be completed before the system update can be applied. I'd recommend trying placing the receiver into standby with no timers scheduled for the next 30 minutes to see if the update begins.

KandM-18
Costume Designer
RobertS, my receiver is set to download updates at 1AM. Will that work or do I need to manually place the receiver in standby?

DISH Employee

You can wait for the schedule update time and that should work as long as there are no timers set within 30 minutes so all tuners are available.

Highlighted

KandM-18
Costume Designer
Well, good morning!
Last night at 1AM my receiver was on, I know this because I awoke and checked, so I was assuming the software update was downloading. At 10:35 this morning I turned in the tv and the old U801 is still showing. So, I guess I’ll wait for 1AM to roll around, again. Unless you can force a download or send one to a specific account?

JKJASINSKI
Costume Designer
Same here. No update and Esmerelda at DISH assured me my area would be getting the update last night. Tried doing a manual update, went through the whole process. Waited 1/2 hour, no update. They lie, anything to get you off the line.

DISH Employee

Good morning, KandM-18. Thank you for your patience and willingness to work with us while we get this resolved. We have been submitting these issues to our Technical Operations Team to investigate. Good news is there's an updated Estimated Resolution date set for today (5/24/19). I can check in with you tomorrow and see if there's been any change. 

KandM-18
Costume Designer
Thank you, Brenda. I’ll be in touch

lizgup
Costume Designer

Has anyone in this forum discussion actually gotten an updated software download that has corrected the problems???

JKJASINSKI
Costume Designer
I haven't received it. Very frustrating. Everyday a different story.