Wally Software Update

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Wally Software Update

DISH Employee

lizgup, have you been able to go through the menu to manually download the software update? 

KandM-18, can you unplug the receiver from the power outlet for 15 seconds, then plug back in? 

KandM-18
Costume Designer
This is ridiculous!! I think we all deserve a FREE month of service! Our next billing cycle should show $0.00 AND the software programmers who initiated the fiasco should be fired. I wonder if they weren’t paid off by DirectTV🤔

KandM-18
Costume Designer
Christina, is that REALLY going to make a difference? Since I have Nothing better to do, I’ll make that attempt, again.

KandM-18
Costume Designer
Okay, Christina, I just completed the switch status and then the “complete signal loss” box popped up. I pressed the ‘back’ button and it went away, replaced by the Dish TV activity screen showing: tuner 1 acquiring signal. Then, the actual Acquiring signal box appears with no green status bar and Then the Complete signal loss box re-appears.
How many times do I have to unplug the receiver and begin this function until it’s fixed???

DISH Employee

I see we're currently reviewing your concern in a private message. We'll continue assisting you there to keep all the information together. 

KandM-18
Costume Designer
Okay, thank you, Brenda. But, what do I do know that I can’t lock onto any of the sats? Shall I try again to test installation. My Pathway x2 is under a year old and my receiver is about 1-1/2 years old (Wally)

DISH Employee

We do want perform another check switch test if the satellites are not being locked in. Before you perform another test, we first need to confirm the coax cable going straight from the Pathway to the receiver is screwed on tight and secure. 

KandM-18
Costume Designer
Brenda, I don’t want to sound ungrateful but I have my coax running through my 5th wheel ‘home’ and yes, all connections are tight. If you really want me to disconnect and route the cable directly to the receiver, I will.
Highlighted

DISH Employee

Per the Pathway x2 Instruction Manuel, it is recommended to run the coax cable from the receiver to the antenna itself when searching for signal. 

KandM-18
Costume Designer
I will have to attempt this later in the day but will let you know the outcome. Thank you for assisting and, hopefully, this will work
(Fingers crossed)
👍