Wally Software Update

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Wally Software Update

KandM-18
Costume Designer
Veto, I just received the same e-mail, tried their “fix” and I also already have the current update. I can’t receive any local channels, although my Dish App says I have them. My Guide won’t go beyond tomorrow, 11:30 pm and I was told, yesterday, that Dish Techs are going to release another update THIS week to fix all the previous problems. Yeah, right?

ftrv
Camera Crew

We did the update and seeing the same as you guys.  Maybe it just needs time to populate??

TomCat
Camera Crew
All, I too tried the update following Dish instructions that came with the email. Reset twice. Like you says update is current at U801. No joy...Tom
Highlighted

Brad_Felmey
Character Actor

So, imagine my excitement today to receive an email from Dish directing me to invoke a manual software update.

Imagine my visceral response when it has actually made the problem worse.

Worse. An entire month to release something.... worse.

Not only that, but there's a shiny new problem - inability to download the guide without it hanging and having to be power-reset.

Hopeless.

JKJASINSKI
Costume Designer
Same here. Did the update, and receiver still said U801 4/24/2019. Called DISH new update should be 8.02 (asked twice). Tech told me to put it "sleep" mode (click the power button once)for 30 minutes to allow for the download to happen. Hmmm. Checked on it 30 minutes later still no software update. Will call again tomorrow.

DISH Employee

I know that you are anxious for this matter to be resolved. I completely understand. Since the update did not take place when you manually tried the update, I would wait to see if the update happens tonight. I will reach back out to you tomorrow if you'd  like to see if the update was successful.

KandM-18
Costume Designer
I will check

DISH Employee

Thanks! Please let us know if you are seeing any change.

lizgup
Costume Designer

So I performed the maual update yesterday as instructed by email. Even though the Wally restarted 2x, the software update still says U801 as of 4/24.  And the problems still exist. Couldn't even attempt to watch certain channels last night. After waiting overnight, no download. Still U801, 4/24.

KandM-18
Costume Designer
8:48 Eastern time; this AM I checked my dish and it was pointed NNE! I turned on the TV and had to perform test installation again and the SAT began to rotate. Picked up all 3eastern sats and after switch status and acquiring signal checks were finished the tv came on. There was no “download guide” performed. I checked the software version and it was still U801. I performed the manual “upgrade software” and it began (it did NOT inform me that I have the latest version so my hopes were up, a little).
After it reset the tv came on but immediately the “complete signal loss” box came up with signal code 11-12-11.
Diagnostics shows all 3 sats verified but no signal strength on ANY of the transponders nor are the sats “locked”.
So, what do I do now with my paperweights???
So, I did another test installation and sat 61.5 is locked on transponder 17 with a strength of 29! But, the picture is pixelated and occasionally the “complete signal loss” box will pop up then the channel comes back