Wally Software Update

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Wally Software Update

DISH Employee

Brad_Felmey, I completely understand your frustration, and we are definitely working on resolving this issue. Unfortunately, we are unable to revert the software back to a previous version, however, our Engineering Team will continue to work on finding a permanent resolution to this issue. We absolutely thank you for your patience during this time. 

diesel_docw4
Character Actor

Blah Blah Blah...same old nothing response from Dish. Took them four phone calls to support before they admitted the problem was on their end..after they told me it was the “cable” (replaced it), the Wingard antenna (replaced it) the “Wally” (replaced it). I will say this, after installing the new Wally, it worked! Then the software updated over night (U801) then turned back to useless paper weight. One aspect of the update was to make their jobs easier by not having to stay on the line with you while it down loaded the guide. It gave you the option of stopping it so that you could move forward to watching live tv and download the guide later...that way they can hang up! It’s bad enough that we lost HBO now this BS!

BroDan
Character Actor

Add us to the list. The update trashed both of our receivers. I've been contemplating a different antenna to get around this mess but the Trav'ler is 1600 bucks. 

It's absolutely pathetic they cannot back off this update. They don't even have a list of effected receivers and antennas.

DISH Employee

BroDan, as our Engineer Team is working to get this resolved, I can get you added to the list. Please send a Private Message so we can gather more information: https://communities.dish.com/t5/Communities-101/How-To-Send-a-Private-Message/td-p/15039

HR
Camera Crew

I think Dish has lost respect from all of us. They can’t even admit that they are have a hard time figuring out what is broken.

Does anyone know if we purchase a high end dish, will this take care of the issue?

Everyone pretty much has the same issue. Why should we have to privately communicate wth them?

Any thoughts out there as to what we can do as a group to go after Dish?

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
Exact opposite. It is only affecting auto dishes that are built and warrantied by 3rd party companies. Even the ones that are built to work with a dish equipment specifically. If you bought a manual antenna, you’d be fine. Nothing high end needed.

BroDan
Character Actor

Chad does that include the Trav'ler? It has all three lnbs and does not need to shift around.

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
I am not sure if the Traveler is affected, as it still needs to auto adjust to the right position. The one I am speaking of is the same antenna you’d find on a house, only placed on a tripod.

BroDan
Character Actor

Chad the Trav'ler is aimed by a stand alone box shipped with the antenna. The wally connects to the antenna directly and all 3 lnbs at once so no repositioning is required. 

Exofish
Extra

I have the same problem. 3rd party tech support say it is the U801 v. 4/30/2019, 4:45 AM software load. The Dish advanced tech support are being kept in the dark about this issue so they make you spend hours fixing/resetting/replacing/...  The sw issue affects only a small number of mostly new customers who have purchased the $1200 high end mobile systems. I have a new Winegard Roadtrip T4 dish with the Wally receiver and it contually rotates thru error 004, 005, not authorized, complete loss of signal... Guess the engineer who tweaked the sw for U801 is clueless or left the company and the customer support department is doing a tap dance until Dish finds someone who knows how mobile Dish systems work. I just signed up for Verizon Unlimited and now get a beautiful picture everywhere I go so will go dish-less and watch Dish go extinct due to their own incompetence or unwillingness to work with 3rd parties( death rattle).  One tech question: if I get my dish pointed to 129 and cut power to the dish will that work (for just the 129 HD channels?) - seems to work for me.  Any other hacks out there? I need a list of 129 channels- anybody?