Wally Software Update

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Wally Software Update

HR
Camera Crew

All we hear is that they are working on it. Can technical support a lease give a clue as to what is going on. Are they getting close, do they think they might know what the issue is? Do they think it is good to have unhappy customers? We all deserve a better answer!!!

seams like they would be worried about loosing customers.

Highlighted

DISH Employee

Hey HR! I can certainly look into this further with you. Can you please send me a private message with the phone number on file and the 4-digit security code so I can reference your account?

To send a PM: https://communities.dish.com/t5/Communities-101/How-To-Send-a-Private-Message/td-p/15039

HR
Camera Crew

Just curious why you need my account to look into this. Let’s keep this open to all .

plese respond to this line of questions, I’m sure everyone would like hear what you find out.

everyone is having the same issue. Sorry if you don’t like my response, but this is getting very old

DISH Employee

The reason I'm asking to move into a private message is so I can review the notes on your account with the specific errors you're encountering. 

Maximus
Character Actor
Dish should never need my 4 digit security code. They are able to look everything up by just giving them your account number. As this is all I gave the last person from didh that contacted me. And the had access to all my interaction with Dish and all that I had communicated with them.

HR
Camera Crew

Not trying  to be rude at all. Everyone on this community has the same issue. Therefore you don’t need to look at my account. Just do your best to reply to all . I have talked to technical support and Wineguard so many times it’s ridiculous , the answers we are all getting. The real issue is Dish has no clue on how to fix the issue. Sorry again , but it’s the truth

Wainswo1
Extra
Holding my hand up here. Same list of problems. Same answers from Dish and Wingard. Why is this taking so long? Why isn't Dish being transparent. Something else is going on here.

HR
Camera Crew

Does everyone notice that Dish , all of sadden has gone silent?

they owe all of us a good explanation, even if the answer is they don’t know what the are doing.

I wonder if customers are thinking of leaving Dish?

HR
Camera Crew

I had a brand new Wally, it was still in the box. I put it online and it worked perfect. This was just a few days ago. Wish we had control of the downloads like others have said. Well they destroyed the new one also. It’s like they are giving a virus to our equipment. So where do we all go from here? The way I see it is that they have destroyed our equipment and won’t be able to make the repairs.( Hope I’m wrong) We all will need to start planning what is best for us . You can purchase the older version of the Wally and it will work. I think all the have are refurbished ones. I purchased the 3 year warranty plan for my 2 Wally’s. The question is who is going to pay for the damage that Dish has caused. I believe we should get a full refund including the cost of warranty . I’m looking at installing a new dish on my RV and getting 2 new receivers . Just like the ones you would have in your home . What an expense all because of Dish. I sincerely hope that Dish treats us fairly. 

Brad_Felmey
Character Actor

Add another disillusioned Wally/T4 customer to the list, I suppose. I called in, was escalated to another tier, wasted a huge amount of time setting, resetting, troubleshooting, blah, blah, blah. Nothing has worked. It's frustrating to KNOW what the issue is and still have your time wasted for no good reason by someone who at the end of it all declined to disclose that this was a known or wider issue. Gotta love being treated like a mushroom.

I have been a Dish customer for about 20 years. Never until now have I questioned that choice, because Dish never gave me a reason to from a customer service perspective. Even when technical issues arose, the customer service experience was what carried the day. That is not my current observation.

I don't want a credit. I don't want an apology. I want my service to work. It's known that the previous revision does not suffer from this defect. I would love to hear a non-BS explanation as to why Dish refuses to revert to that unbroken version until their engineers (who have now wasted literally weeks of certain customers' service) can figure out what the issue is for a future release. This is customer service 101 in the software industry. How can Dish fail so badly at the response? It's software, and defects happen. I'm not mad that there was a defect. I'm disgusted because Dish's response has been inexcusable. Paraphrased: "Yeah, yeah, we know. It'll be fixed when it's fixed."

Tags (1)