Wally Software Update

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Wally Software Update

lizgup
Costume Designer

Tomcat - send a message directly to Caleb so he can add you to the list. They will probably walk you through all the typical "attempts to fix" the issue, but it will get you on the list. From what I understand from someone else who is experiencing issues, he called the "loyalty department" and they credited his account. But it doesn't seem like that would do any good until the problem gets resolved so you could get credit for the entire time of disrupted service.

lizgup
Costume Designer

Caleb - I'm already on "the list" and no one has messaged me about any progress or credits to the account. Can you let us know how to go about getting credit for our disrupted service since April 24th?

Highlighted

DISH Employee

Currently our Engineer team is actively working on investigating the issue. Once our team has been able to pinpoint the issue, an update will be sent out to the receiver. At this time, we do not have an estimated time frame, but they are working quickly to resolve this as soon as possible. 

ftrv
Camera Crew

Assuming this problem ever gets fixed, here's something for the suggestion box. In the future, give us the option if we want to download an update or not.  Don't make us update until you know there are no bugs.  'If it ain't broke, don't make us fix it.'

Reacher1
Character Actor

Agreed.  I have the same issue with the T4 and Playmaker dual and 2 new Wallys.  Frustrating especially when the wife is frustrated!  Will we receive any credit or relief for this disaster?

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
It’s hard to justify a credit for a software update that affects 3rd party equipment. It still works fine with the Dish branded equipment, and the guarantee is that Dish equipment works with Dish equipment. A credit isn’t exactly justified, however they may offer one to some subscribers that call in as customer loyalty.

Sholzer73
Extra

We are having the same issue since April 24th as well.  We are on the road across the country.  We have made several phone calls and even purchased a new Wally thinking that was the problem.   Need to have updates as to the progress

@lizgup wrote:

Caleb - I'm already on "the list" and no one has messaged me about any progress or credits to the account. Can you let us know how to go about getting credit for our disrupted service since April 24th?

DISH Employee

I can certainly understand your frustration. I'd be pleased to review your account ti see what options are available. Can you please provide me with your phone number, and security pin in a private message so that I may access your account?

Maximus
Character Actor
Ours started on April 17. Dish has been no help. Why do they keep sending out a bad software update with no solution in sight, or a way to back out the update? We are now over 3 weeks with the absolutely worst service ever! All you hear is they are working on it. I have worked as a systems analyst/programmer for over 30 years with a nationwide company. When we sent out updates, if they caused a problem we bscked it out immediately, and then worked on the problem before sending it out again. At least everyone could still opperate with the old software till we had s good update. This is poor planning and poor software devision since they can't back out a bad update.

TomCat
Camera Crew
Chadt4141, thanks for the opportunity to contact customer loyalty. Just for the record, while my antenna doesn't have a Dish sticker on it, I did exercise due diligence before I purchased the Wally. I was told by Dish support that if my previous receiver worked with my antenna that the Wally would (which it did for over a year) There is also a FAQ on Dishes web site that states the same thing and I quote "I have an older receiver and want to upgrade to the new Wally, is the Wally still compatible with my antenna?" "Yes, the Wally is our newest and best mobile receiver and it will work with any antenna you used your old receiver with, including the Tailgater, Playmaker, Roadtrip, and Pathway satellites"

Additionally, another customer within this thread states he has a T4 and Playmaker Dual and he is having the same issues as well. One if not both of those antennas are "Dish branded"