Wally Software Update

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Wally Software Update

TomCat
Camera Crew
The receiver itself is fine. The problem came during a recent software update that was pushed to our Wallys on Wednesday 4/24/19. Supposedly Dish engineers are working on a fix.

cdaniels
Extra
Dish needs to correct this problem. Stop the current down load. My reciever has been unplugged in my rv since early April. I intend to use it for a week staring this weekend. Any way to stop this download? That would be disappointing to not be able to use the service I pay for.

DISH Employee

Thank you for reaching out to us with your concerns. There is currently no way to stop the software download. This issue has been forwarded over to our engineering team. Should you run into any issues when you connect your receiver, please feel free to reach out to us. 

Sbdbsvls
Character Actor
Ours hasnt worked most of april .very frustrated. They can keep their wally.

ftrv
Character Actor

Same problem here since last update.  Keep getting the error message screen.  We changed channels up and/or down and the picture comes back but the message comes up again shortly.  Some channels will not even come on.  Spent a great deal of time with online support and then phone support last week only to be told that the latest update has bugs that the engineers are working on.  Seems like poor customer service that Dish wouldn't let people know this problem was going on as a result of the update so that we wouldn't spend countless hours rebooting, scanning, replacing coax cables, etc. for the same (bad) outcome.  The last rep I talked to said I could check my online app to see when the problem is fixed.  I do not see anywhere in my online account where I could find this information.

Interesting note: We have two Wally's connected to two separate satellite units-Winegard and King Tailgater.  The problem is only on the Wally connected to the Winegard.

ftrv
Character Actor

Same question here.  How to send a private message.

lizgup
Camera Crew

reply from Kimberly on page 1 of discussion

Charri
Extra

Is this ever going to be fixed????

Highlighted

TomCat
Camera Crew
Support, could you please provide contact information so those of us who have essentially no service due to this issue so that we may escalate our concerns to a level where we can get something done. This needs to be addressed either with a fix or new equipment that works.

Also, I would expect that Dish would provide compensation for the period of time that service has not been provided to the level that we pay for. I would hope that Dish support would notify the accounting department of this issue for follow up. If that is not the case then please also provide contact information of someone who has the ability to compensate our loss of service. Dish claims to have the highest customer satisfaction and that "We Listen" It's time to prove it!
Thank you!

DISH Employee

Hello Tomcat. I completely understand that this issue has been very frustrating. Our Engineering Team is already aware and is working as quickly as possible to resolve this issue. While we don't have an exact timeline at this moment, when one becomes available, we will be happy to share that information with our members. 

When this issue is reported to our Engineering Team, we do attach the account, and that helps us know which member are impacted. However, there isn't a way for us to know each member that this has impacted. If a member would like to contact about this issue through a direct message, we would more than happy to review their account to see how we can help.