Wally Software Update

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wally Software Update

lizgup
Costume Designer

To say I am extremely frustrated is an understatement. I have been a Dish customer for 4 months and for the last week (since they did a software update), I have not been able to watch anything without the system switching satellites and transponders every few minutes. This is ridiculous. Have spoken with Dish several times and as usual they walk you through all the normal stuff, unplug receiver, switch test, etc. I have two Wally's each connected to separate Winegard G2 and Winegard 4TR satellite domes. I've changed out coax as well. We are currently 40 miles north of Houston and the satellite keeps trying to switch to 129. We have always watch everything on 110 and 119. But to see it change right in the middle of a program where you have a good signal is crazy. I'm ready to tell them to take their Wally's and stick them and go back to Directv.

Tags (1)
277 Replies

Re: Wally Software Update

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
110 and 119 will usually be the SD channels. 129 is the HD satellite which is likely why it is keeps trying to switch.

TomCat
Camera Crew
DISH REPS PLEASE READA I too am having problems with my Wally since the March 24th U801 software update. I am connected to a Wineguard Road Trip Mission. After the update I had to do three factory resets (nothing else worked) before getting any reception. No matter what channel. The system goes blank with one of several errors. 004, 005 and a couple others. After switching channels or powering off then on the show comes back for a few seconds to maybe 10 minutes. This repeats constantly! Trying to watch anything is a waste of time! This needs to be addressed immediately one way or another Please at least roll back the software to the previous version. It is much more stable than this last update. PLEASE HELP DISH! Thank you.
Highlighted

lizgup
Costume Designer

TomCat agree! The other error code is for watching a channel that you are not subscribed for after you have been watching a channel that has blacked on and off for an hour!  And Chadt4141, one of my satellites is a G2 and not HD compatible so why would it try to switch to 129. Most of the problems seem to be with satellite 110. I can have a channel on with good signal (59-65) on satellite 110, transponder 1 and it starts losing signal every 5 minutes, sometimes every couple of minutes, for absolutely no reason.

thjr59
Character Actor

I've had the same problem for a week and was told by winegard that the software update is the problem. I called dish and they said they have no idea what the problem is. I was going to take the motorhome to reapir place but winegard said its the update thats the problem. You would think that dish would admit that the update is the problem.

DISH Employee

God afternoon. It appears that we have received several reports of this instance happening with the the mobile antenna's/Wally's. I'd be pleased  to forward your information over to our Engineering Team, as they are currently looking into this issue. Can you please provide me with your phone number, and security pin in a private message so that I may access your account? 

Tags (2)

lizgup
Costume Designer

Kimberly - How do I send you a private message?

DISH Employee

Make sure you are signed into the Communities page.

Click the message count or envelope icon to go to your Private Messages Inbox.
 Click Compose New Message.
 Enter the recipient's name in the Send to area.
 Enter the subject for the message in the Message Subject area.
 Type the reply in the Message Body editor.
 Then click Send Message

thjr59
Character Actor

Another day without tv service from dish thanks to the update. I wonder if they will ever fix the update. Had this problem since 4/19/19. Paying for tv service that I can't use. THANKS.

thjr59
Character Actor

I wonder if retailers of wally reciever know that they are selling a reciever that doesn't work.