WALLY 802 UPDATE

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: WALLY 802 UPDATE

DISH Employee

Hello grams2bjc. I am so sorry that you're still having an issue after the 802 update. That definitely shouldn't be the case. I definitely do want to get this sorted out for you, so that you can get back to enjoying your time with us. Can you send me a Private Message with your phone number and 4-digit PIN please? https://communities.dish.com/t5/Communities-101/How-To-Send-a-Private-Message/td-p/15039

grams2bjc
Camera Crew

Sent...

However, I do not understand why a pin.

Highlighted

peyinghaus
Extra
What was the solution that worked. I am beyond frustrated?

DISH Employee

Hi peyinghaus! I know that having these technical issues can be frustrating. Now, to upgrade the software on the Wally, we do recommend connected it to a more permanent DISH antenna which you can do so at your nearest camping world or local retailer. 

The portable antennas are not able to gain enough strength for the software to download, but a more permanent one can make the software download process without a problem and could even be quicker. 

If you want to send me a private message, I can go ahead and check the nearest locations to you. 

grams2bjc
Camera Crew

I had to hook the Wallys, one at a time, to our house connection.  But the secret is you will see the message “push select ......” DO NOT DO IT.  It takes about a total of 2 hours, not 1 hour.  Also, you can try putting it on satellite 119 and channel 140, then leaving it in the “standby mode” overnight or a couple of hours.  One way worked on one receiver and the “standby mode” worked on the other. GOOD LUCK!

e4services
Character Actor
I've tied everything and nothing works. My Wally updated to 801 in April, and of course has never worked right since. I have both a G3 and a Tailgater. The tailgater works better, so have it hooked to it, good 119 signal, channel 140, overnight, .....nothing. camping world told me to go f off. This is SUCH. A f up.
Send out updated Wally's to us DISH!

grams2bjc
Camera Crew

Stop telling people to take it to Camping World or nearest retailer.....CW doesn’t WANT any part of a problem that DISH created, nor do independent retailers.

grams2bjc
Camera Crew

I am so sorry you are having these headaches, I really feel your pain.  As I said I had the same problems and it took different methods for each receiver.  On the upside, our receivers automatically updated to U804.   Good luck!

vlamgat
Extra

I had the same experience.  Just leaving it in the Standby status with the Dome antenna tuned and on for 6 hours resulted in a good download and nominal operation.