WALLY 802 UPDATE

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WALLY 802 UPDATE

grams2bjc
Camera Crew

At my “wits end”....cannot count on both hands how many times I have talked to Advanced Techs (that’s a joke).

1) They can’t help because the engineers haven’t figured it out

2) One tech had me disconnect the boxes completely and take into my home (parked in driveway right now) hook up to house to download (that’s another joke)

3) I was told to take it to Camping World, so we called.  The service rep said if it’s a network problem

(i. e. Dish) they couldn’t help us and would charge us for the service call.

4) I was told to wait and that the upgrade was sent out to everyone all once.

5) One Advanced Tech swapped out one of our Wally’s, it isn’t even updated, and won’t update.

6) I come out about every other day to work through all the steps. NOTHING! NO SOFTWARE UPGRADE!

HEY DISH...WE HAVE 2 WALLY’s, WHY DON’T YOU SEND US 2 NEW WALLYS ALREADY UPGRADED!!

That’s the least you could do!

14 Replies

Re: WALLY 802 UPDATE

BroDan
Character Actor

We have experienced the error using our in montion Winegard. We also have a tailgatr. I was able to load the new code by swapping the antennas and waiting for it to realize a new antenna was installed. It then down loaded the code. Since then the issue has not recurred.
You might try disconnecting the coax for the satelite input and running the test switch. It should fail. Then plug back in and run test switch again. Then, hit the power button, leave it alone and hope it wakes up and down loads the new code.

Highlighted

DISH Employee

I am sorry to hear you are both having issues getting the 8.02 update to download on your Wally's.  While I can't speak to what might be happening on the calls the most common reason the download does not occur is either it was interupted by some form of activity on the receiver, or the signal strength is low and not strong enough to fully support the update.

In general you want to check your signal strength on the 119 satellite, and confirm it is over 30, preferably over 40.  Once that is confirmed place your Wally on channel 140, and simply put it into stand by mode and leave it untouched for an hour.  If the signal is sufficient, and it is on software older than 8.02, it should update within that hour as long as it is not disturbed.

grams2bjc
Camera Crew
Okay, Am I to assume that I DO NOT have to click “Software Upgrade” in tools? Also, because of the Wally issues, my Satellite is locked on 110 for sure. But...119 & 129 show locked with a good strong signal, but I am not sure it stays there. I have NO switch # like SW64 or whatever it should be.

DISH Employee

Hello Grams2bjc. You can click 'Software Upgrade' in the tool section or place it in standby. It pretty much does that same thing. The important thing is to have your 119 satellite locked and over 40 signal strength. If you're seeing that you should be good to go for that update. 

grams2bjc
Camera Crew

1st Wally upgraded from 421 to 802....this is the Wally Dish swapped out because the dealership/Rev/Fleetwood decided in their infinite wisdom to Velcro the two receivers together and they became very hot while in “standby mode”.  Had to disconnect from Motorhome Satellite, connect to House satellite (which I tried once before to no avail, so I was skeptical)....Hallelujah, one down, one to go.  

2nd Wally (not replaced yet) disconnected from MH and connected to house.  The last time this unit upgraded to U448 on 12/22/2018, 5:02am. It is wanting to upgrade (where it refused before) but....it begins and leads me to think it is going through the steps then it tells me it’s downloading DVR Programming. This receiver DOES NOT have a DVR.  When done it is still Software U448. 

I called DISH reluctantly, and was told to take it to a Service Tech in my area. That would be CW or a shop 1 1/2 hours away.  We talked with both places and were told they probably couldn’t help us and they would have to charge us anyway.  I relayed this to the Advanced Tech on the phone his response was “we are getting good reports that customers have received help from the service centers”.  

I have tried three times today with this receiver, with the same result each time.  I have strong signal on all 3 satellites, in my house, but am unable to force an upgrade to 802 on this receiver.

I think I am going to request a new unit, that’s the least they can do since their engineers aren’t worth their weight at all! And I am being kind!

grams2bjc
Camera Crew

Tried that! Didn’t work! Thanks anyway, at least you’re trying to help.

DISH Employee

grams2bjc, if locking in on 119 still did not work, then we will see what else we can do for you. Please send a Private Message for further assistance. 

grams2bjc
Camera Crew

Your suggestion was my last ditch effort before requesting a new receiver......GUESS WHAT?  IT WORKED!  When the sun goes down, going to hook both units back up and 🙏!

Thank you, Jason!

grams2bjc
Camera Crew

Nightmare continues.....Both Wallys updated via hooking to home system. BUT, now I get NOTHING.

NO Switch, NO Signal, will NOT LOCK on anything.  YES, my King Dome roof mounted Satellite locks just fine.  Just spent 2 hours 10 minutes with Dish Advanced, then Dish Outdoors Case Management.

As usual the suggestion is go to a retailer.  I have talked to retailers, they say it is a DISH UPGRADE problem.  HELP, HELP, HELP! 

Upside, I was given a 2 month credit, but now we are going into the 3rd month with NO TV in our Motorhome.