Unable to transfer recording in Dishanywher e App.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to transfer recording in Dishanywher e App.

Snopsie
Extra
I am unable to transfer my recording.

When I select transfer in the DishAnywhere App, I receive the following message:
Not connected to LAN
Recording added to transfer queue.
Transfer will continue when connect to home network.
I am connected to my home network. I am able to watch my recorded shows, control my TV from the dish anywhere app. I just can no longer transfer my videos. So Frustrating!

I have reset my home router, I have reset the hopper internet connection, I have reset the hopper, I have deleted and reinstalled the dishAnywhere App. I have logged out and back in to dishanywhere.

I am connected to the same network as my hopper.

My recording are set for Mobile.

Has this feature been removed?

Also I no longer have the option “Prepare for Mobile”. I hope Dish has not discontinued this feature and is requiring subscribers to use Hoppergo? Is this Dishes way of getting subscribers to pay $100 bucks for the HopperGO?

The ability for me to watch my shows without an Internet connection is the only reason I have been a dish subscriber. If Dish has discontinued this service, then I am out!
7 Replies

Re: Unable to transfer recording in Dishanywher e App.

DISH Employee

Hello Snopsie. This feature has not been removed at all. Are you trying to transfer the recordings to the DISH Anywhere app on a smartphone or tablet?

Tbone1007
Extra
I have the same exact problem every thing works even preparing the videos they just do not transfer and I've tried it on both a smartphone Galaxy S8 plus also and android tablet tried two tablets and even a home computer

DISH Employee

Thank you for letting us know, Tbone1007. To make sure we look into this properly, what does it say on the error message on your android devices when you try to transfer the recordings?

Tbone1007
Extra
Snopsie Extra yesterday
I am unable to transfer my recording.

When I select transfer in the DishAnywhere App, I receive the following message:
Not connected to LAN
Recording added to transfer queue.
Transfer will continue when connect to home network.
I am connected to my home network. I am able to watch my recorded shows, control my TV from the dish anywhere app. I just can no longer transfer my videos. So Frustrating!

DISH Employee

Ok, thank you for that information Tbone100. Can you please send me a Private Message so I can take a look at your equipment and see what we may need to do to get this resolved? https://communities.dish.com/t5/Communities-101/How-To-Send-a-Private-Message/td-p/15039

Tbone1007
Extra
I am on my hopper 3 and looking at my screen. I have no avatar or envelope to send a message. And i looked on my galaxy s8 plus .no envelope there either

DISH Employee

Are you accessing this myDISH Communities thread through your smartphone or a computer browser?