Unable to stream on Dish Anywhere with in home Wi-Fi

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to stream on Dish Anywhere with in home Wi-Fi

stevechris
Character Actor

Seems related to the dish anywhere app issue, however I can not look at live TV or recorded show even when home connected to wifi.  It says my DISH receiver doesn't support this feature,  I have a Hopper with sling.  I used to beable to use it at home and on the road, now can not do either.  Even the workaround suggested for dishanywhere will not work.

14 Replies

Re: Unable to stream on Dish Anywhere with in home Wi-Fi

Chadt4141
Associate Producer

When in the app, check the receiver number selected for viewing and make sure it is selected on your Hopper wth Sling

stevechris
Character Actor

Yes it is selected as I only have the one main unit and 2 joeys

DISH Employee

Since the workaround available isn't working for you, have you tried resetting the receiver and deleting and reinstalling the App? Does it work on the website for you or are you getting the same message?

stevechris
Character Actor

Yes same message on web and app.

DISH Employee

Stevechris,

This is quite unusual and shouldn't be occurring. It  appears to be an issue that we've yet been made aware of.  If you can Private Message me your account/phone number, I'll be able to forward your equipment specs to our engineering team for a back-end fix.

stevechris
Character Actor

how do i private message you? with info

DISH Employee

stevechris, to send a Private Message:

1. Make sure you are signed into the Communities page.
2. Click the message count or envelope icon to go to your Private Messages Inbox.
3. Click Compose New Message.
4. Enter the recipient's name (JasmineD) in the Send to area.
5. Enter the subject for the message in the Message Subject area.
6. Type the reply in the Message Body editor.
7. Then click Send Message

HubbaHubba93
Character Actor

I am having the exact same problem.  I have a Hopper with Sling with 2 Joeys.  This started occuring about a week ago.  My internet was working, the only thing in the house that didn't work over the connection was DIsh Anywhere.  The joeys remained connected to the Hopper with full functionality.  All of my wireless devices in the home worked, too. I checked the hopper and reset the network conenction.  Still had the same problem.

This is what I get when I try to watch the DVR on a wired computer:

Your DISH receiver must be online to access this feature. Please make sure your home's high-speed Internet access is functioning properly, and that your receiver is connected to the Internet.

If this problem persists, the following steps may help resolve it:

1. Unplug your receiver's power cable for 10 seconds, then plug it back in
  2. Unplug your Internet router for 10 seconds, then plug it back in
  3. Try to manually reconnect with the button below

I performed all actions as indicated.  When I click on the Reconnect Receiver button (for action numbr 3), nothing happens.  When I use the app on my phone, the message says "We are unable to conect to your receiver. Find out how to connect your receiver to the Internet by visiting (this website)."  The above errors refer to the DVR.

When i try to watch live TV, the connection is attempted, but errors out.  I have gotten an Error code 33, 4, and 31 at various times.  The current error (tested while composing this message) is Error 31: There was a problem connecting to your DVR; it may be offline. Please reset your DVR and Internet connection and try again.  I have done this several times over the last week, including tunring off everything at the same time and then restarting them.  My DVR works from both the Hopper and Joey even when I get these messages from Dish Anywhere.

I have been searching for a solution online all week and finally found this community thread.  Please help!

DISH Employee

HubbaHubba93, I understand the Joeys stay connected to the Hopper and are not having any issues. Are you able to access the Apps or On Demand content through the Hopper without any issue or error message?