Unable to stream on Dish Anywhere with in home Wi-Fi

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Unable to stream on Dish Anywhere with in home Wi-Fi

HubbaHubba93
Character Actor

No, I cannot access the Apps or On Demand content through the Hopper without a problem.  I am sending you the details via email.

DISH Employee

Thank you, HubbaHubba93.

Highlighted

HubbaHubba93
Character Actor

No, I cannot.  I tried to imbed the pictures in email with no luck, so here is the summary of what occured when I used apps and on demand from the hopper.).

I tried to access the WeatherNation app using the Apps button and received this window:

Connect Your Receiver                               EA578    

When I try On Demand by searching a tv show and choosing the On Demand episode, I got this window:
Attention                                                        145
Specific error code:77
Error Message: Event not found

When I try Video On Demand by going through the Home menu, I get this:
Attention                                                        145
Specific error code:75
Error Message: HTTP error
Tags (2)

HubbaHubba93
Character Actor

Any idea what I need to do to fix this issue?

Roger28716
Extra

Having issues with a long time software provider I narrowed the issue to "S3" servers. Or, as the "S3" service providers would say, incompatibility with S3 servers.

Here is a link I found that explains the issue(s) and an excerpt

Perusal of the web turned up a relevant answer at https://www.snellman.net/blog/archive/2017-07-20-s3-mystery/
Checksum corruption!

----------------------------------

Summation - “Well, S3 is one of those rare services that disable timestamps. And that actually makes for a big difference in this case. With timestamps, each retransmitted copy of a packet would use a different timestamp value [2]. And when any part of the TCP header changes, odds are that the checksum changes as well. Even if some packets are lost due to the having the magic checksum, at least the retransmissions will make it through promptly.

To check this theory, I asked for a test with TCP timestamps disabled on the client. And immediately large downloads from anywhere - even the ISP's own speedtest server - started hanging. Success!”

----------------------------------
An opportunity to verify if this is your issue may be tried by  downloading http://alibre-usa.s3.amazonaws.com/2018.0.1/AlibreDesign2018_0_1_setup_x64_19.0.1.19033.exe (from https://www.alibre.com/downloads/).

For the moment, while downloading from another website (Netgear upgrade - non "S3" server), as well as this Service Pack download; the other download keeps the Service pack download active, although slower.

If you are not “compatible” with S3 servers I wish you luck.