Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to log in to dishanywhere

wiesshund
Audio Engineer

Seems new issues today?
You can not log in to dish anywhere.

Oh you can go through the motions, but when the login returns you to the dish anywhere interface, you are not logged in
can not see your hopper, or view anything, obviously not being logged in and all.

You can click login all day long, it just goes through the motions and returns you back to an un logged in view of dish anywhere.

We just tested it on 2 windows 10 PCs, 1 iMAC, and a Linux box, same results.

I realize sometimes stuff happens, but you guys are not having a good several months, multiple things happen one after the other

7 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Unable to log in to dishanywhere

snissen
Camera Crew

Me either. It's coming up on 6pm CDT Saturday evening in Minnesota, and I can't login to dishanywhere.com on two different Windows 10 PCs using 3 different Web browsers with cleared caches. My Internet connection is fine. The login appears to succeed (no error message), but then I am not logged in and so cannot do anything.

This is the third time just this week that dishanywhere.com is broken for me. Last time, I could login but only access the streaming services in the guide. Now I can't login at all.

And this is the new improved version? Not if it's down too many times!

And whatever happened to the IT best practice of displaying a message on the Web page when a service is down?

wiesshund
Audio Engineer

@snissen wrote:

Me either. It's coming up on 6pm CDT Saturday evening in Minnesota, and I can't login to dishanywhere.com on two different Windows 10 PCs using 3 different Web browsers with cleared caches. My Internet connection is fine. The login appears to succeed (no error message), but then I am not logged in and so cannot do anything.

This is the third time just this week that dishanywhere.com is broken for me. Last time, I could login but only access the streaming services in the guide. Now I can't login at all.

And this is the new improved version? Not if it's down too many times!

And whatever happened to the IT best practice of displaying a message on the Web page when a service is down?

I do not know, guess it went out of fashion, posting outage messages, so did communicating with customers apparently?

Bummer too, yes i have a hopper, no i dont actually have a TV and would not generally have time to sit in front of it
I usually throw dishanywhere up on an extra screen while working, mostly listen, but actually watch while waiting for a compile to run or something (I do a lot of work from home, if i have time to sit, i try to not be in the house)

For giggles i dialled customer service, and left it on speaker phone
for a very long time
until someone answered
Apparently they are programmed to say 'No we do not have an issue at this time, the problem must be in your computer' and then they want you to reboot everything from your PC to your Hopper to your Router to the timer for your lawn sprinkler system.

I think they just have a script that they read from start to end and are not allowed to deviate from, and dont know anything except the script?

packer
Extra
I can’t login either on screen pairing says successful but app just spins,,, 3 weeks of this,,,, fed up

Dpro40
Audio Engineer

I can log in fine but when I hit the guide button it totally shuts down the app. I just upgraded to ISO 13. May be an association. I'm gong to delete the app and reload tomorrow. Hope it helps. 

Dpro40
Audio Engineer

Follow up. Deleting the app and reinstalling did the trick. The guild is back. It still says from time to time I haven't set up any favotites. That I have to turn the iPad off and back on and it them shows the favorites. Better than Directv's app still. 

wiesshund
Audio Engineer

The login issue went away around midnight for me.
Would be nice if they at least had put a message saying we are having techical difficultiers with logins and are working on the issue

DISH Employee

My apologies for the delayed response due to the higher than normal volume of posts that we've had the past few days.There was an issue with the app on Sunday, that has since been resolved. We apologize for any inconvenience that this has caused. Please feel free to reach out to us should you still be experiencing issues