Unable to Watch Channels included in my package

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Watch Channels included in my package

tstove92
Extra
To begin, I am using Dish Anywhere through my Amazon Fire Stick. I am experiencing an issue where random channels show blank boxes on the guide, and I am unable to view them. I cannot move the cursor over those channels, and if I move it over future programming on the channels, it only allows me to record that program, and not watch what is currently listed.

I know these channels are included in my package, as I watch them regularly. Additionally, I know the content at those times is not blacked out. For example, on Thursday, September 7th, I was watching the Ohio vs. Purdue College Football game on Fox Sports 1. I then switched to a different channel, When I went back to the guide to try and switch back to the channel, the box was then blank, and I was unable to return to watching that program.

Here is a picture of what I am talking about. As you can see in the picture, ESPNU, FS1, and NFL Network are all only showing blank boxes at the live program time, and did not let me watch them.

[img:1r4khjg0]https://i.imgur.com/dw6ABnY.jpg[/img:1r4khjg0]
5 Replies

Re: Unable to Watch Channels included in my package

Sorry, but the picture cannot be seen here. Have you tried deleting and reinstalling the app? Try logging out anod back in as well
---------------------------------
Matt "Speedy" Gonzales | Moderator

tstove92
Extra
Yes, I have already tried those steps, that is why I posted the issue on here. If you are unable to see that picture, here is the direct imgur link to show what I am explaining: https://i.imgur.com/dw6ABnY.jpg

The issue is not a problem with accessing the app or the account. The issue is with random channels all of a sudden becoming unavailable to view because on the guide they appear as a blank box, and I am unable to click on them to view. This is definitely not an issue of a blackout. My example above of a football game I was viewing proves that point.

tstove92
Extra
Can someone at Dish actually look into this issue? This is still happening, but I have not received any assistance.

peggyrh
Associate Producer
The only way to receive direct assistance from a Dish rep is to send a PM with your account info, they don't know who you are just by posting a question.

Chadt41411
Casting Director
You can type in the channel you want to tune to.