U806 update results in 004 error

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

U806 update results in 004 error

Jmartini
Character Actor
Since the latest software update that we received on 9/15 (RV Wally), we get the 004 error for two or three seconds every time we go from any satellite to the 119 satellite. After talking to Winegard and Dish outdoors this appears to be a software issue related to u806. Wondering if Dish is working on a fix. While the channels are still accessible it is annoying to say the least.
4 Replies

Re: U806 update results in 004 error

DISH Employee

Hey Jmartini. I hate hear that you're having some signal issue with your services. I know that can get pretty aggravating. There was an issue with the previous version that we did end up resolving, but I haven't heard this issue has been occurring with U806. The good news is this likely means that we can resolve this signal issue without the need to wait for an update! What portable dish are you using with your RV setup? 

Re: U806 update results in 004 error

Jmartini
Character Actor
The Winegard G2+, which worked flawlessly until this update

Re: U806 update results in 004 error

Jmartini
Character Actor
On a aide note, the winegard folks told me that they were getting a lot of calls on the 004 error which was confirmed by the rep I talked to at Dish. I asked if the dish representative could open a ticket but he said all he could do is tell his supervisor.

Re: U806 update results in 004 error

Daveb
Extra

YIn September I purchased a Tailgater Pro bundle (dish plus one Wally receiver). I also purchased a second Wally.

I successfully activated both receivers. My first time out in my RV, I only used the main receiver with no problems.

 

The second time out in the RV I tried to set up both receivers. Again, no problems with the main receiver, but all kinds of problems with the second receiver. The predominant failure was the 004 screen. I have spent a lot of time working on this, both at my home and while out in my RV, several times on the phone with tech support, with little or no success.

 

However, today was something of a breakthrough. I was working with a technician from Dish Outdoors who was very knowledgeable. After going through the normal steps of checking switch, acquiring signal, etc. none of which solved the problem, she had me go to the main receiver, which was locked on a satellite 129 channel, and change it to a satellite 119 channel. As soon as I did that, the second receiver started working. She explained to me that the second receiver failing to lock on to channel 129 was a known problem and the engineers were working on a solution for a future software update.

 

While it was good to know the root cause of my problem, not being able to lock on to satellite 129 means my access to HD channels will be very limited which is a disappointment as HD access was one of my main motivations in purchasing the equipment in the first place.