Transfer option deletes from DVR

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer option deletes from DVR

jenbeast
Extra
Since the most recent update to V7.3.0 when you transfer a show to your device it deletes it from the DVR. This did not use to be the case. Why did this change and can it go back to how it use to work?
5 Replies

Re: Transfer option deletes from DVR

stile99
Cinematographer
This is the way it should work. Transfer does not imply copy, it implies move.

In fact, it does more than imply it, the definition of transfer is "to convey or remove from one place, person, etc., to another"

jenbeast
Extra
That might be well and true but that is not how it worked in the previous version.

One person could watch it from the DVR and another person could transfer a copy to a device to watch it.

Chadt41411
Casting Director
Should only be certain content will delete off the DVR. It's DRM. HBO is probably the worst about that.

jenbeast
Extra
Chadt4141 wrote:
Should only be certain content will delete off the DVR. It's DRM. HBO is probably the worst about that.

Yes, that appears to be the case. I had never had it happen before and it started happening to everything I tried to transfer after the update. Yesterday, I was able to transfer 2 new things without problems so I started to suspect it was based on the show or the channel. Thank you!

Chadt41411
Casting Director
Not a problem. Just know that has been the case since 2013 when the H2 came out. The new CUI didn't impact that at all, however after its release, people are learning that content they got from free previews must be subscribed to, after the preview period ends, if they want to view it. Free previews are a way to get a taste of what's available, not to store content, unpaid, forever.