cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

The accessibility, or lack there of, On dish anywhere

Jdawg4
Costume Designer
I’m really not sure even where to begin with this app. A lot of issues. Accessibility, for those using voiceover on an iPhone, is rather poor. for one thing, whenever i go to the guide, i can barely ever watch what is on. For example, I want to watch Jeopardy at 4:30, I go to the guy, go to channel 8, and I see that the program that is currently on channel 8 is the 5 o’clock news. But the time is 4:36. this only happens, it seems, for a program that is 30 minutes or less. So basically, I am losing the last half hour of the show, or, in the case of a 30 minute program, the entire thing. The only way I could watch Jeopardy is to search for it in the guide. I’m sure this is not what you guys intended in buy ease-of-use. And as far as the Accessibility is concerned on iPhone, when I go to the DVR, it seems that I can’t watch recordings other than the latest, or The earliest, in a multi series recording, depending on how I have it sorted. I’m not sure if it’s an iPhone using voice over issue, or what, because when I’m on an iPad using voiceover,I can flip through the recordings just fine. I’m sure the majority of you guys aren’t even experiencing theese issues. however when I’m on the computer, whether it be a Mac or PC, I don’t even see an option that I am able to watch any live TV. I go to the guy, click on the channel, and even when I know it’s a program that I can watch on the iPhone, I don’t any kind of a button that allows me to watch TV.
3 Replies

Re: The accessibility, or lack there of, On dish anywhere

DISH Employee

Hi there! Thanks for taking the time to reach out to us! I hate to hear that you are having some issues with the accessibility features of the app. To make sure I understand, you are able to find the show with no issues using the search feature, but in the guide is is missing if it is past the start time? 

When you are on the computer you should have a Watch Live button in the top corner, and once you select a channel in the guide, you should be able to click watch on the right side of the screen to start a program. 

Jdawg4
Costume Designer
That’s Exactly what is happening, and as for the watch live button, I will have to investigate further, as I definitely don’t see it, maybe it’s not labeled correctly with alt text? But honestly, I would just like to have the iPhone experience be way better than it is especially when it comes to the DVR and accessing multiple recordings from a given TV show

DISH Employee

We can definitely understand that. I will be forward this feedback to our Engineering Team to review on the iPhone. We do want to make sure that all of our customers can enjoy the same features on the app across the iOS devices.