Sudden issue with Windows Dish anywhere playback

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Sudden issue with Windows Dish anywhere playback

quickdraw95
Extra
I have read the comments about the "[b:1ix3bfdf]This recording is not eligible for online playback[/b:1ix3bfdf]" error, and am disturbed that the advice is "check back next month to see if we fixed it". In order to help speed things up, I did a little testing and have more info on this error:
1. This occurs on dishanywhere.com on my Windows 10 PC, but everything works fine on the Android app. I have tested this in Chrome, Firefox, and Microsoft Edge, and have the same error message.
2. I upgraded to Hopper 3 on March 2nd, but all of the recordings I transferred from my old original model Hopper work fine. However, now the new shows recorded with the Hopper 3 show up separately, and do not play. For instance, on the Android App, I have 12 episodes of The Walking Dead under the same show icon, and all play fine. On dishanywhere.com, it shows the 11 episodes I transferred to the H3 under one group, and the newest episode as a separate entry. The old episodes play fine, and the new one gets the "This recording is not eligible for online playback" error.
3. Strangely, on my Microsoft Surface, if I tap the icon for a particular program, I get the "This recording is not eligible for online playback", but if I press and hold for a few seconds, the play options will come up, and I can play the recording like normal.

UPDATE: I tried the list view per Dharmabummed's posting, and it worked for me! THANKS Dharmabummed!!

mitoids
Extra
[quote:3du36e2y]by DharmaBummed » Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:32 pm
Found a workaround. Switch from Gallery view to List view.[/quote:3du36e2y]

This allows me to play the recordings that have the issue. Thank you. The standard play/rewind/FF controls are not available in the app (I'm on a Mac) with the videos that have this issue.

DharmaBummed
Character Actor
When the app is open you might try opening the Dish Anywhere icon on the task bar and select Quit. When you go to watch a program it will automatically open it again. This worked when I had the problem of not being able to use the controls. Also if you watch an older program from a list of programs that is unavailable and it disappears after viewing it from the list it is not deleted. It will be moved to a unlocked category. This will only work with older programs that are now showing as unavailable but were available before. All programs that were recorded after 2/23 will still show as unavailable even after watching them.

DharmaBummed
Character Actor
Also I'm not positive but I think our recordings are being blacked out if they are recorded between 6p and 12a AKA Prime Time.. I tried a few timers and had a program successfully record at 5p PST and is accessible. A show on the same channel at 6p cannot be accessed as is the case for all shows I tried up till 11:30p. A timer set right after 12a successfully recorded and is accessible. I am reasonable sure this is related to the roll out of HopperGo. Usually changes to the code are implemented weeks before a roll out of a new update so it can be activated on said date easier. At least I've seen this with other systems I use.

miketrz
Extra
Come on DISH! Switching from gallery to list? That's the solution? How can you not fix this via coding??? It's 2017 ya know...

essabeth1
Extra
What the heck DISH? Having the same problem Please fix this.