Sudden issue with Windows Dish anywhere playback

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sudden issue with Windows Dish anywhere playback

kgm032
Camera Crew
I watched Fresh of the Boat on Dish Anywhere on my Windows 8 tablets and the deleted the show. Tried to watch The Real O'Neil s next and got a pop up saying "This recording is not eligible for online playback". Now any ABC or CW shows gets the same issue. Not a problem to watch them on my android phone or tablet. Is there an issue with the web app or did something change with broadcast rights? Confused?
25 Replies

Re: Sudden issue with Windows Dish anywhere playback

DISH Employee
There are a couple of things that can affect this. Is this a DVR recording? If so are there other users that have access to the DISH Anywhere app as well? Have you seen an error message number you can provide me?

When this happens please try resetting DISH Anywhere and try to access it again to make sure it's working.

foodog
Extra
I am experiencing the same issue on a Mac and on a PC. How do I reset anywhere?

kgm032
Camera Crew
There is no error number, it is a DVR recording but no one else is using it. What does reset dish anywhere mean? I rebooted the PC this should reset the app.

BrianL
Character Actor
You can reset Dish Anywhere by loging off and then log back in, or, delete the App then re-install it. -Brian L-

werekitty
Extra
I'm having this issue also when trying to watch some shows via the dishanywhere app on my pc. I've already tried logging out and back in, restarting my computer, and even uninstalling and reinstalling the app. Nothing has worked to resolve it.

DISH Employee
Do you get any kind of error message when trying to watch shows on your PC through the DISH Anywhere app?

werekitty
Extra
I don't get any errors other than the "This recording is not eligible for online playback" one.

1972bigcarr
Extra
I am getting the same error with random recordings. Some work just fine and others give that same error. "This recording is not eligible for online playback"

martinidrinker
Character Actor
I am having the same issue. There are over 10 recent recordings on my DishAnywhere app on my Windows laptop where I receive the error message: "This recording is not eligible for online playback." That's the only error message. There are a few other recent recordings that play just fine. I have tried resetting the receiver, reinstalling the DishAnywhere app and using other browsers. On my Android phone, the DishAnywhere app works just fine. I have contacted online and phone customer service. They couldn't find a solution. The customer service rep on the phone said he submitted the issue to engineering.