Sudden issue with Windows Dish anywhere playback

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Sudden issue with Windows Dish anywhere playback

nyfarmgirl
Extra
Yes, I've had the same issue here with "this recording is not eligible for online playback" error messages on several of my recordings. Very frustrating!

This is a known issue and is being investigated further. You can play this same content though the dish anywhere app.
---------------------------------
Matt "Speedy" Gonzales | Moderator

nyfarmgirl
Extra
Matt G wrote:
This is a known issue and is being investigated further. You can play this same content though the dish anywhere app.

I *am* watching the content through the dish anywhere app. *That* is where I'm getting the error message.

nyfarmgirl wrote:
Matt G wrote:

I *am* watching the content through the dish anywhere app. *That* is where I'm getting the error message.

What type of device are you using? We have this issue only with the website, not the app
---------------------------------
Matt "Speedy" Gonzales | Moderator
Highlighted

dholler21
Extra
Using the Dish Anywhere site, I'm having the same issue with "[b:34aeb94a][u:34aeb94a]This recording is not eligible for online playback[/u:34aeb94a][/b:34aeb94a]" message on several of my recordings. Very disappointing since Dish just raised my monthly rate! I have tried various pc's & laptops with Windows 7 & 8.1 using Chrome, IE11, & Firefox. This seems to have started around 2/23/17 with DVR recordings of shows from various channels. I can still access prior DVR recordings of these same show series prior to that time frame. This is only through the Dish Anywhere website, the Dish Anywhere App seems to play these recordings just fine on an android tablet I tried. I don't know if this is related, but the recordings that I am unable to access show up on the Dish Anywhere screen without a show specific thumbnail while previous recordings that I can watch each have their show specific thumbnail. I have also noticed on my Hopper DVR when I do a SEARCH function on one of these shows, the results screen shows 2 different thumbnails. One is just a grey box with DISH logo & the other thumbnail is the actual show specific thumbnail. The thumbnail with the show's logo has the # of shows in the corner that I can actual watch by selecting that thumbnail. The thumbnail with the Dish logo has the # of shows that matches the # of ones that are not eligible for online playback and when I select that thumbnail it says "No Results Found" even though the thumbnail indicates that there are some. This phenomenon also seems to have started about the same time. I hope some of this helps you tech-guys figure this out. Please contact me if you need further details.

DharmaBummed
Character Actor
If accessing the recordings on the PC from the Dish Anywhere web page, you can hover the pointer over the recording and if it is a single recording it will bring up a watch delete window. If you hit watch it will start the Dish Anywhere app and play the recording. If it has multiple shows it will only give the option to view all recordings which will give the not eligible for playback message. This may be an issue with old timers. Noticing that new single event timers(such as movies) are showing as normal. Am trying a "new" old reoccurring show timer and will report back with results. I hope it may be that we just have to re-create timers. I am wondering if this has something to do with HopperGo as I am now seeing an option for it on the Dish Anywhere web page next to My Timers and I'm pretty sure it wasn't there a day or so ago.

VanessaK
Camera Crew
The Hopper GO feature was added to DISH Anywhere today.

martinidrinker
Character Actor
VanessaK wrote:
The Hopper GO feature was added to DISH Anywhere today.

That's nice, but I still can't access most of recently recorded programs on DishAnywhere.com. I am continuing to receive the error message: "This recording is not eligible for online playback."

ixnayus
Character Actor
I'm having the same issue on my Mac. I'm unable to play probably 80% of my recorded shows. First noticed it yesterday. This is seriously frustrating!

DharmaBummed
Character Actor
Found a workaround. Switch from Gallery view to List view.