SAMSUNG Galaxy TAB2

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAMSUNG Galaxy TAB2

ggw98
Character Actor
I attempted to update DISH Anywhere on my SAMSUNG Galaxy TAB2 that i have used for DISH Anywhere for the past 3 years, but it tells my device is not compatible. What has changed so that my device isn't supported?
6 Replies

Re: SAMSUNG Galaxy TAB2

mvwoodell
Extra
Dish advises new update requires os 5.3.6 and Samsung advises Galaxy Tab 2 cannot be upgraded higher 4.4.2.

ggw98
Character Actor
Thanks for the info. The problem is, it won't connect to my HOPPER anymore with the older version of DISH Anywhere. I have a new Kindle Fire HD and it connects just fine with version 5.

NicoYazawa
Character Actor
Do you have any experience in rom flashing? I just checked XDA and there are Marshmallow roms and I even saw an experimental Nougat rom. I'd highly recommend flashing, even if you decide to watch Dish on your other device. Doing so for new features, other app compatibility, and especially security makes it a worthwhile task. Not to mention you won't have to deal with all the Samsung bloat or TouchWiz.

ggw98
Character Actor
No experience, but not scared of trying! Of course, I guess there's a chance I could brick it.

So is the version of the OS the issue? I am at Jelly Bean and I need to be at Lollipop or Marshmallow?

NicoYazawa
Character Actor
Sorry for the late reply but yes, it is your OS version that is the problem. It says on the Dish Anywhere compatibility page that it only works with Android 5.3.6 and up.

There is a site called XDA. If you search for XDA Tab 2, you should be able to find the portal for the Tab 2 on the site. There should be guides there to get you started. You may also want to consider checking out YouTube if you want a visual guide.

I'd throw you some links but my message failed to post when I tried that so I guess foreign links are blocked?

ggw98
Character Actor
you were spot on. I upgraded to Android 6.0 and DISH Anywhere is working like a champ. It was an interesting experience, and it took a few times before everything installed correctly, but it's working.

Thanks for the help!