Resume function for Remote Viewer still broke

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resume function for Remote Viewer still broke

logdog
Visual Engineer
Every morning I use my tablet to watch a recorded time shifted news program using the Dish app. After a half hour or so, I pause the playback to go about my day. Later in the day, I try to resume watching the program on my Joey. However when I try to resume, the resume option usually isn't available. I have to go to DVR, select the program, watch for a few minutes, go back, stop, go to live TV, go to DVR again, select the program again, then I get the resume option and I can select Remote Viewer.

I first reported this problem almost a year ago and the above workaround 8 months ago and still nothing is fixed. This 10 step process to continue watching a program almost every day is really getting old.
12 Replies

Re: Resume function for Remote Viewer still broke

vlogical1
Character Actor
logdog wrote:
Every morning I use my tablet to watch a recorded time shifted news program using the Dish app. After a half hour or so, I pause the playback to go about my day. Later in the day, I try to resume watching the program on my Joey. However when I try to resume, the resume option usually isn't available. I have to go to DVR, select the program, watch for a few minutes, go back, stop, go to live TV, go to DVR again, select the program again, then I get the resume option and I can select Remote Viewer.

I first reported this problem almost a year ago and the above workaround 8 months ago and still nothing is fixed. This 10 step process to continue watching a program almost every day is really getting old.

When there is no resume option trying pressing the play button instead of watch. I haven't tested it using the Dish App and it may or may not resume where you left off using the Dish app. But that method does work to resume on the Hopper 3 itself, or a Joey, when watching a recording while it is still recording when no resume option is available.

logdog
Visual Engineer
There is no Play button. Only Watch, Delete and Showtimes. Also, I'm trying to resume playback long after it stopped recording.

Chadt41411
Casting Director
logdog wrote:
There is no Play button. Only Watch, Delete and Showtimes. Also, I'm trying to resume playback long after it stopped recording.

The play button on the remote.

logdog
Visual Engineer
My 52.0 remote does not have a dedicated "Play" button. Pressing the pause/play button does nothing in that screen.

Chadt41411
Casting Director
logdog wrote:
My 52.0 remote does not have a dedicated "Play" button. Pressing the pause/play button does nothing in that screen.

Press it while the tile you want to play is highlighted.

logdog
Visual Engineer
Chadt4141 wrote:
Press it while the tile you want to play is highlighted.

That's a good shortcut. I wish they were published somewhere. However, it doesn't fix the resume function. The show just starts playing from the beginning. Then I have to go back, stop, watch live, DVR, select and then I can resume and see Remote Viewer.

Again, this has been reported at least a couple of times over the past year and still not fixed.

logdog
Visual Engineer
Received software updates for my Hopper 3 and Joey 2 two nights ago. Resume function still does not work properly. It's been a year now. Is anyone working on this?

logdog
Visual Engineer
Now this issue has migrated to my Hopper 3 for regular viewing. Yesterday afternoon, I started watching a recorded program (The Masters) on my Joey 2. I paused after a couple of hours. Later last night, I tried to resume on my Hopper. Resume wasn't an option. I tried playback with the show highlighted and the show restarted from the beginning. I had to go through my 10 step process to be able to watch where I left off.

DISH Employee
logdog wrote:

I would be happy to escalate this to our engineers. Please send a PM with your phone number and PIN.