Resolution in Dish Anywhere

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resolution in Dish Anywhere

JasW
Extra

The new Dish Anywhere player doesn't let me select the resolution on the PC web version. For some reason I can't select which resolution I want to watch at so it will be stuck at low resolution and I can't change it. My wifi is more than good enough to use it as I the old player worked perfectly fine. Is there any way to fix this?

2 Replies

Re: Resolution in Dish Anywhere

wiesshund
Audio Engineer

Only in on demand content, the setting is under the gear, lower right

In content streamed from your hopper directly, no the option is now there, it is on full auto pilot.

And it frequently auto pilots to a low bitrate, which is kind of silly, as most people should have at least 20MB/s
throughput, and usually they will have much more, especially if they have a 5G wifi.

And when the PC and hopper are wired to a GB ethernet, like mine is, even if the hopper interface is only 100baseT
that is 100MB/s throughput, should be no issues with running at full quality.
But of course it will still decide to auto adjust the stream to low quality.
Weird huh?

That is, unless the stream is getting routed out of your house and back in again, which would be a bad way of doing things

Highlighted

Re: Resolution in Dish Anywhere

snissen
Camera Crew

"That is, unless the stream is getting routed out of your house and back in again, which would be a bad way of doing things"

Guess what? That's exactly what the new dishanywhere.com is doing, even when the Hopper 3 and target (Windows 10) computer are on the same fast home network.

Surprise!