Recorded Shows on Mobile Devices

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recorded Shows on Mobile Devices

gbavero
Character Actor
My wife and I while on vacation like to catch up on our recorded shows, and since we have different recordings that we view, we can not watch them on two seperate mobile devices; either one or the other. I understand that the Dish Anywhere App utilizes one tuner, but since the Hopper3 has many tuners it would be nice to have at least the ability for two mobile devices to be able to view recorded at the same time.
3 Replies

Re: Recorded Shows on Mobile Devices

You will only be able to have 1 live stream at a time. In the future you may want to transfer content directly to the phone/tablet. Then you can both view content at the same time and this will not use a tuner.
---------------------------------
Matt "Speedy" Gonzales | Moderator

gbavero
Character Actor
You make sense Matt, but my suggestion would be to make two live streams to be used on two different mobile devices unless that maybe to complicated to pull off?

Chadt41411
Casting Director
gbavero wrote:
You make sense Matt, but my suggestion would be to make two live streams to be used on two different mobile devices unless that maybe to complicated to pull off?

I don't think it would be too complicated, more than it would likely give the networks a reason to file another lawsuit. Channel owners, especially local and RSNs, hate place shifting.