cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Primetime Anytime fails to record

Shadowfaxrving
Character Actor

RV installation with Hopper 3 & 2 Joeys.  Manual DVR timer programming works fine.  All locals (out of Savannah GA) are clear and interference free in HD.  PrimeTime Anytime (PTA) is on and the PT symbol shows on the appropriate channels and times in the guide.  Next morning, nothing is in the PTA folder.  I have cycled the PTA function on and off and run a reset on the Hopper to no effect.  Ideas?

Tags (3)
5 Replies

Re: Primetime Anytime fails to record

DISH Employee

Hi Shadowfaxrving! Is this with a portable dish? If so, can you let me know the model?

Also, do you have any recordings set up overnight manually, or during the Prime Time hours on other channels? Are you able to record off your local channels manually? What happens if you set a timer for one of the Prime Time shows, does it record when Prime Time isn't?

With portable dishes usually they disconnect overnight when everything is powered off and reconnect again in the morning. I'm thinking this may be affecting the Prime Time recordings, but I'd need more information to be sure.

Shadowfaxrving
Character Actor

Antenna is a Winegard Travl'r (1000).  

PTA has been intermittent as we travel.  Sometimes it works fine, some time nothing - even when locals are on the satellite.  We have been here for a couple of days and it didn't record the first night but did record last night.  I have no trouble recording multiple shows at once.  Reciever status shows all three satellites available to all 16 tuners.  

Just not sure what is different when it will or won't record PTA.  

Thanks,

DISH Employee

Shadowfaxrving, If you press the Home button three times and go down to Status, what are all the satellites that you are picking up? What Switch are you using as well? You can see this under Receiver on the Diagnostics Screen towards the middle. 

Shadowfaxrving
Character Actor

Satellites: 110, 119, 129 (all green)

Switch: DPH42

DISH Employee

May you please send a Private Message with the phone number linked to the account and the 4 digit security PIN? https://communities.dish.com/t5/Communities-101/How-To-Send-a-Private-Message/td-p/15039