Plugin has crashed

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plugin has crashed

rhibby
Character Actor
Within the last few days I received a pop up asking me to update Dishanywhere player. I did this and now when I try to function dish anywhere on my computer the player keeps giving the message that plugin has crashed, click to refresh. I keep getting the same response when I try to refresh. Although I still have some minor problems with Dish anywhere, this has only occurred since I followed through on the update.
15 Replies

Re: Plugin has crashed

janepaulsen
Extra
I have the exact same issue!

I tried to get help through online chat, and the representative was just taking me through the basic steps of resetting the receiver, etc. When I tried to get her to focus on "Plugin Has Crashed", she couldn't help anymore and suggested that I contact the browser provider (even though the same thing happens with Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge).

I made a phone call to technical support, and it seemed that we might be getting somewhere when she hung up on me!

janepaulsen
Extra
Also, Dish Anywhere still works on my iPhone.

Nice "update"!

This is the workaround that we have for this. You will want to remove the plug in from the browser, clear the cache for the browser and then reinstall the plug in.

uninstall-clear cache-reinstall;
win7: settings>ctrl panel;
win10: settings>system>apps/features;
mac: dishanywhereplayer_uninstall.app
---------------------------------
Matt "Speedy" Gonzales | Moderator

brutusyoun
Extra
I have tried this workaround of uninstalling and clearing the browser cache then re-installing, still gives the crash error everytime.

rhibby
Character Actor
How do I identify the plugin under apps/features on Windows 10? It shows Dish anywhere video player (Dish anywhere) 59.1 MB & Dish anywhere player (sling media) 274 MB.

rhibby
Character Actor
I also tried uninstalling Adobe Flash player 25.0.0.127, deleted browsing history, and reinstalled the same flash player version and still get the same results.

Heinz
Extra
Is there any word on when this issue will be resolved? Your suggested work a round does not work

bighoova
Extra
I'm glad that I am not the only one with this issue. Ever since the last update the plugin is crashing on both my laptop and my desktop at work. Can not watch anything live. Player loads, initializes, connects to receiver, then crashes when trying to play the video. Restarted my receiver through the browser. After reconnecting to the receiver the player connected and flickered a couple times trying to play the video then crashed again. On Demand loads and plays directly in the browser and seems to be working. All issues are with the DishAnywhere Player.

rhibby
Character Actor
If you run windows 10 and are still having problems, refer to latest discussions on "Dishanywhere not working after Windows 10 update". I followed the suggestion to install the recent windows 10 update KB4015438, which for some reason had not yet updated automatically. This resulted in the player functioning normally and no plugin crashed error message. Others have also indicated success with that download/installation. I had also tried the work around suggestion which did not change anything.