cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New version of DISH Anywhere Player not downloading

8 Replies

Re: New version of DISH Anywhere Player not downloading

DISH Employee

ColoradoSwede, this is a known issue with the plug-in download. Our Engineering Team is working on a new software release for it. The current timeframe we have for this release is Summer 2018. The current workaround to try to get it to download is to reboot your computer after any security update.

Please PM me as I would be happy to submit your account information to our Engineering Team to add to the escalation report for this issue.

To send a PM:
1. Make sure you are signed into the Communities page.
2. Click the message count or envelope icon to go to your Private Messages Inbox.
3. Click Compose New Message.
4. Enter the recipient's name (JasmineD) in the Send to area.
5. Enter the subject for the message in the Message Subject area.
6. Type the reply in the Message Body editor.
7. Then click Send Message

Der
Extra

I have the same problem.... If the new player is non existent, we should be able to use the old player till the bugs are worked out on the "new" player..... Smiley Sad

Sorry to here you are experiencing the smae thing! Don't other calling into technical support. They haven't got a clue how to handle DISH Anywhere app problems.......and apparently do not care either.....

Actually I did get a reply form DISH (I don't know why I'm not notified of it?!!) It seems they will try to have a fix out this summer.....

ksdehoff
Extra

Is there any update on this?  I've run into the same problem with safari - and the app is also non-functional - a constant spinning circle with nothing happening.  Called tech support who was not able to solve the problem and couldnt find any writeups on it

cweber
Extra

I've just tried on Firefox with both Windows 10 Home and Windows 10 Pro.  The button "goes nowhere"  Is there an update to the fix?

DISH Employee

cweber, if you are still unable to use the button. You can try going to the Abode Flash Player webpage and downloading the latest version there as well. That has been another way customers have been able to get it to work. 

cweber
Extra

Thank you.  I'll try that