Missing master profile in Dish Anywhere

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing master profile in Dish Anywhere

Breezy271
Character Actor

When I open the Dish Anywhere app on either a phone or tablet, a screen appears asking me to select a profile. However, there are no profiles to select. There isn't even a master profile. I have to close the app and reopen it in order to watch anything. In the upper-left corner, it shows Master. When I select it, an empty box appears below it. I have also tried going to Manage Profiles. That too is empty and since there is no master profile, I am unable to create any other profiles. This happens on all devices.

7 Replies

Re: Missing master profile in Dish Anywhere

DISH Employee

Breezy271, have you tired to go through Dishanywhere.com on your phone or tablet, log in, then "Manage Profiles" to see if it gives you this option? You can also try this at a computer or laptop. Additionally, have you tired to delete the app itself and re-install it on your devices? 

Breezy271
Character Actor

There are no profiles under Manage Profiles. I have tried removing and reinstalling the app on both my phone and tablet and there are still no profiles.

DISH Employee

Are you able to log in to your account at Dishanywhere.com through a computer or laptop to see if it gives you this option through the website? If it does, then it may save the profile there, so that it shows up on the app on both of your devices. 

Breezy271
Character Actor

When I login on the laptop, the profiles are all there. I created a new one and saved it. I then logged in on the tablet and nothing had changed. There were still no profiles. So I uninstalled and reinstalled Dish Anywhere. When I logged in there are still no profiles.

DISH Employee

To verify, is your phone and tablets software up to date? 

Breezy271
Character Actor

Yes

DISH Employee

Thank you for trying these steps. What I will do is escalate this to our Tech Ops team, so they can try to see how widespread this issue is and try to recreate it to find a possible solution. To target your account specifically, I will send you a Private Message to get your account information.