Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Missing Joeys on Dish Anywhere

rgwiese
Character Actor
RickObe wrote:
Chadt4141 wrote:
The remote acts as a virtual remote and is quite handy. I can change my living room tv channel for my 5 year old, without stopping what I was doing.

I didn't think of the use of the App's remote for someone (such as a child) that can't manage the remote themselves. Good use case.

Using your phone as a remote for various Joeys is what I understood to be part of the advanced features of Dish Anywhere. It would be nice to be able to get it to work.

bgleason62
Extra
Mine shows ID name for Joey on my Windows 10 tablet but Hopper ID info and never connects to Hopper. Windows 10 users are getting ripped off by Dish!!!!

Simpsonteam
Extra

I also would like to be able to use the virtual remote for our Joey. 

We have one 4k TV in the office and another larger HD in our main living room. 

We wanted the 4k capability for our Dish Network viewing.  That means that the Hopper is installed in the office and the Joey is in the living room (our main viewing area).

Subsequently the Anywhere app is useless in our main viewing area which is extremely disappointing.

Obviously the Joeys have remote capability as ours, like many others, was operational for a few days. And again, like many others, we lost that capability.

There are so many complaints about this that I'm quite sure that Dish Network knows about it and also they must know the reason. Yet there is no fix made public. 

DISH Employee

Currently you would only be able to use the DISH Anywhere remote feature for the main Hopper since this is where the tuners are stored. I will be glad to submit a feature request to let our engineers know you'd like to see this feature added for the Joeys.

guptasx
Extra

Hi Robert, Thanks for the info. Is there a workaround to use the Dish Anywhere remote feature to control a Joey? Why would Dish Anywhere allow you to select between receivers if there's no connectivity to the Joeys on your network?

Is there an alternate Dish/3rd party app to control Joeys?

DISH Employee

The Joeys should still be an option, I believe. Have you already checked the "Bridging" option on the main Hopper to make sure the network is being shared to the Joey?

keithk23
Extra

Looks like you have to have the mobile device "paired", not just logged into.  After I logged out, then paired my mobile device, my Joey's appeared and I could use the remote for both the Hopper and all Joeys.

How did you pair your system up?

Jkamien
Extra
Yes, how did you pair your system to your Dish Anywhere iOS app?