Missing Joeys on Dish Anywhere

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing Joeys on Dish Anywhere

rgwiese
Extra
I have had DISH now for about 2 weeks. When I first installed the DISH Anywhere on my phone all the Joeys showed up. Now a week later only the Hopper 3 is showing up. While on my Home Network I have reset the network for all the Joeys and the Hopper 3. Still no luck with getting the Joeys to show up. Any other suggestions?
11 Replies

Re: Missing Joeys on Dish Anywhere

Moderator
Moderator
This is likely by design. Only the Hopper(s) should show online as they are the "brains" of your system
---------------------------------
Matt "Speedy" Gonzales | Moderator

Re: Missing Joeys on Dish Anywhere

peggyrh
Associate Producer
Joeys don't have any hard drive all your recordings are managed & stored in the Hopper itself.

Re: Missing Joeys on Dish Anywhere

rgwiese
Extra
If this is by design why did all my Joey's show up before?

Tried to post a screen shot here but can not find where to upload the image

Re: Missing Joeys on Dish Anywhere

RickObe
Visual Engineer
rgwiese wrote:
If this is by design why did all my Joey's show up before?

Tried to post a screen shot here but can not find where to upload the image


The joeys can and should show up if the hopper/joey system and your phone are on the [b:311hviik][u:311hviik]same local network[/u:311hviik][/b:311hviik]. I just tested and they show up on my iPad but not on my iPhone. In my case, they are all on the same network, so I'm not sure why the iPad works but not the iPhone.

In any case, there's really not much use to having a Joey in the DA App. All you can do is make recording start to play on the Joey's TV and control the Joey with the DA App's remote. Unless you've lost your Joey's remote, not much point.

As Peggy points out, anything you really want to do remotely can be done while connected to the hopper since the hopper is the hub of the system and that's where all your recordings live.

______________________
Hopper 3 and four Joey-2s

Re: Missing Joeys on Dish Anywhere

cesarlm11
Extra
I have the same problem.
I have a Kindle Fire and a Samsung S5, and none of them show the Joey available.
I have a good use of having the Joey showing up in the app: It's much faster to search for titles for VOD in the app, than using the remote control. I give you an example: how long does it take to type "There's something about Mary" on the remote?

Re: Missing Joeys on Dish Anywhere

RickObe
Visual Engineer
cesarlm11 wrote:
I have the same problem.
I have a Kindle Fire and a Samsung S5, and none of them show the Joey available.
I have a good use of having the Joey showing up in the app: It's much faster to search for titles for VOD in the app, than using the remote control. I give you an example: how long does it take to type "There's something about Mary" on the remote?


After searching for On Demand content, you can only play it within the App, not over the connected Joey. So being connected to the Joey wouldn't help with this situation.

If you search for On Demand "There's Something About Mary" on the Joey's TV, I found that after typing T-H-E-R, it shows up in the list. Most searches don't take more than three or four letters before the item you're searching for shows up in the list to the right of the text entry area.

______________________
Hopper 3 and four Joey-2s

Re: Missing Joeys on Dish Anywhere

cesarlm11
Extra
RickObe wrote:
cesarlm11 wrote:
I have the same problem.
I have a Kindle Fire and a Samsung S5, and none of them show the Joey available.
I have a good use of having the Joey showing up in the app: It's much faster to search for titles for VOD in the app, than using the remote control. I give you an example: how long does it take to type "There's something about Mary" on the remote?


After searching for On Demand content, you can only play it within the App, not over the connected Joey. So being connected to the Joey wouldn't help with this situation.

If you search for On Demand "There's Something About Mary" on the Joey's TV, I found that after typing T-H-E-R, it shows up in the list. Most searches don't take more than three or four letters before the item you're searching for shows up in the list to the right of the text entry area.


So if having the Remote Control option in the Dish Anywhere option is useless (and doesn't work):
-Why Dish still keeps it? If they remove this function, it could save some kilobytes from my phone's memory.

Re: Missing Joeys on Dish Anywhere

Chadt41411
Casting Director
The remote acts as a virtual remote and is quite handy. I can change my living room tv channel for my 5 year old, without stopping what I was doing.

Re: Missing Joeys on Dish Anywhere

RickObe
Visual Engineer
Chadt4141 wrote:
The remote acts as a virtual remote and is quite handy. I can change my living room tv channel for my 5 year old, without stopping what I was doing.


I didn't think of the use of the App's remote for someone (such as a child) that can't manage the remote themselves. Good use case.

______________________
Hopper 3 and four Joey-2s