cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Live TV freezes after 90 seconds on Amazon Fire Stick

LincolnKelly
Extra
Watched the cotton bowl last night with zero problems (live tv dish anywhere fire stick) - also flipped back and forth on commercial breaks to news & weather channels with no buffering/frozen screens.

[b:mx035tq0]BUT (and this is a huge but) this morning was a different story. I am back to a spinning circle after 90 seconds and a frozen screen. [/b:mx035tq0]

Tried to reset; turn off; sign out; the whole hoopla and nothing.

So much for it being fixed. Ugh.

NYDutch
Audio Engineer
DavidTCLU wrote:
Thanks for your post. We need to get the Dish Anywhere app team looking at th
Is. Wonder if Kelly and Dutch still have theirs working?

I'm currently watching the second of two Lifetime Movies today. No problems so far except a few seconds of buffering at one point.

DavidTCLU
Character Actor
Got mine to work this AM using my iPhone as a hotspot. Watched live tv and most of a dvr program. Very minor buffering but the programs continued. Not a satisfactory solution really since I don’t have unlimited data and I have a perfectly good Wi-Fi set up here that should be just fine. By the way got my idea from you since you were using a ATT cell hotspot.

NYDutch
Audio Engineer
DavidTCLU wrote:
Got mine to work this AM using my iPhone as a hotspot. Watched live tv and most of a dvr program. Very minor buffering but the programs continued. Not a satisfactory solution really since I don’t have unlimited data and I have a perfectly good Wi-Fi set up here that should be just fine. By the way got my idea from you since you were using a ATT cell hotspot.

Well, I do have unlimited 4G/LTE data on my hotspot, so that's not an issue here. Who is your WiFi service provider?

DavidTCLU
Character Actor
AT&T. Have a 6gig plan which is all I need for the typical use, tethering iPad and laptop when I need it. Don’t do much streaming with those devices.

Nanders7
Character Actor
Still no luck for me. Spinning circle of death... finally got in touch with amazon yesterday and they then punted it back to dish (dish had previously said it was an amazon problem). So the Amazon operator did a conference call with me on the phone with dish. The dish guy finally said that they are aware of the problem (which they hadn’t in my previous several calls) and engineering was working on a permanent fix but had no timetable. He said hopefully within a week for a resolution. Luckily I could watch the cotton bowl on the ESPN app this weekend but I miss using dish anywhere!

NYDutch
Audio Engineer
I mentioned the DA freeze problem to a friend of mine this morning that I know uses DA on his two FireTVsticks quite a bit, and he knew exactly what I was talking about. Oddly, only one of his sticks has the freezing problem, while the other one works ok, like mine. I don't know if there's any hardware/software differences between the various sticks or not.

DavidTCLU
Character Actor
We got tired of the ESPN app freezing up and used DA with the Firestick and my iPhone as a hotspot last night. Watched nearly the whole Orange Bowl with no trouble. (Cost me 3of the remaining 5gigs of data on my plan though.) Still no luck with any other configuration using WiFi or the Ethernet adapter. Interesting to learn that Dish is aware and supposedly figuring something out. I won’t hold my breath though. :mrgreen:

smerican
Extra
I just purchased the Fire TV Stick and have the same problem as others mentioned. All other apps work and wi-fi signal is strong at my home and the remote location. Live TV plays for about 90 seconds with a solid picture and then shows a spinner indefinitely. Force stopping and restarting seems to be the only resolution which makes it unusable.

It works fine from my Mac Dish Anywhere player using the browser as well, so it does seem to be Fire TV Stick specific.

art11
Character Actor
Thanks to all of you who continue to report your problems with DishAnywhere on Amazon Fire TV freezing up after a short time. My similar problem continues unabated, and it matches what most of you describe. Freezing on live TV and DVR recordings, but not for On Demand programs. It does not occur on the DishAnywhere Android app for tablets, or on the Windows PC app. I have 50 down/5 up MB/s internet speed on both ends of the sling; i.e., at the location with the Dish Hoppers and the location receiving the transmission. Like many of you, I have tested all sorts of parameters with no relief.

Clearly this is a general problem with the implementation of DishAnywhere on Amazon Fire, as the exact same symptoms are occurring to too many people to be a problem with individual setups; and it only started happening a few weeks ago. Hopefully a fix will come soon. As the only streaming TV device hosting the DishAnywhere app, Amazon Fire has appeared to be the best way to sling Dish programs to remote TVs, fulfilling the "Sling" part of the 'Hopper with Sling' name.