Interesting lip sync issue when using DishAnywhere App on Fire TV

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Interesting lip sync issue when using DishAnywhere App on Fire TV

Dustin
Extra
I am also having this issue on my Insignia Fire TV using dish anywhere app. Local channels are worse I've noticed. Has anyone figured out a solution. What soundbar was used hooked via bluetooth that fixed the problem? It is annoying.

Dustin
Extra
Otherwise same issue as perduepeterson. This is a "Fire TV",not "fire stick".

purduepeterson
Character Actor

I used a Polk Soundbar, but it doesn't matter. They key is using "bluetooth". I also have some wireless bluetooth headphones and I connected these to the FireTV. As expected the audio sync issues were not present. 

So, as long as you use bluetooth (soundbar, speakers, headphones) the sync issues should go away. Let me know if you try this out.

Thanks.

Dustin
Extra
I have one in the way. Should be here in a couple days. Thanks for your reply! I believe our issues are identical. Dish anywhere is the only app that has issues. I've read that sling subscribers have similar issues but I'm not a sling customer so I don't know. I do know that dish anywhere app utilizes the sling tech. I will let you know what happens.

jmg
Extra

what was the resolution for this? I'm having the same issue. Very annoying!!

Highlighted

DISH Employee

Hello jmg! Have you tried cycling through the power on your Fire TV? 

purduepeterson
Character Actor
As I mentioned above I could not find a solution, but rather a work around. I found that if use bluetooth (e.g. bluetooth headphones, bluetooth speakers, or bluetooth soundbar) to output the sound from the TV, then the lip sync issue goes away. If I use the TV speakers or a soundbar hooked up via the optical cable, then the lip sync issues occur.