Hopper Go

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hopper Go

Uct22
Extra
I have an original hopper and Joey. The hopper has an external sling. Will a hopper go work with my equipment. Will it work in very remote locations. (no wifi or cell sevice)
3 Replies

Re: Hopper Go

DISH Employee
The Hopper GO is compatible with the Hopper 3 and Hopper w/Sling that has the new UI with it. I wanted to provide you our Q&A about the Hopper GO just in case there is something that was not addressed. https://www.mydish.com/support/products/hoppergo/faqs

sdownes
Extra
I want to mention that I'm not convinced that the HopperGO will operate in remote area's without wifi etc. While on a trip this week I tried to log into and use my hoppergo and it told me I had to connect my tablet to a real wifi and to restart dish anywhere. then I could go back to my hoppergo and watch my shows. This implies that is requires you to be validated by Dish anywhere before they will let you watch your shows on your GO. I find this a problem since I will be traveling internationally and won't be able to connect to wifi. :cry:

DISH Employee
sdownes wrote:
I want to mention that I'm not convinced that the HopperGO will operate in remote area's without wifi etc. While on a trip this week I tried to log into and use my hoppergo and it told me I had to connect my tablet to a real wifi and to restart dish anywhere. then I could go back to my hoppergo and watch my shows. This implies that is requires you to be validated by Dish anywhere before they will let you watch your shows on your GO. I find this a problem since I will be traveling internationally and won't be able to connect to wifi. :cry:

I don't have a tablet with me (or a Hopper Go) but I just put my phone in Airplane mode and tried bringing up Dish Anywhere. It gave me a message titled Offline Mode saying the features would be limited and gave me the option to continue or go to my settings. It also still allowed me to view the Hopper Go option, even though I don't have one connected. Is this the kind of message you got?