Hopper 3 no longer transfers to external drive

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hopper 3 no longer transfers to external drive

Dalite
Character Actor

Is there any documented way to wake up a Hopper 3 internal drive to allow it to transfer content to (or back to) the external drive it has been married to for the last few years?  I transferred a lot of content from the external to the internal in anticipation of migrating it to a new drive.  Now, it is nearly filled to capacity, and won't transfer back to the external drive.  It tries to estimate transfer time, then errors out with a "transferred with errors" message.  Even if I add a second drive and am able to send it there, I will still have to transfer back to the mother-ship before I can send it to the original external drive.  

Tags (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Hopper 3 no longer transfers to external drive

Dalite
Character Actor

That is good advice, I was trying to send one hour or half hour recording at a time. 

I finally did a hose and close (unplug external drive power, unplug USB cable to external drive, reset the Hopper, then brought the drive back up and plugged back into the Hopper.  

It is now working and chugging away; one recording at a time..   

But, you are absolutely right about batching - don't ask me how I know. Smiley Happy

2 Replies

Chadt4141
Associate Producer
Transfer in batches. It’s not really designed to transfer all of it at once.

Dalite
Character Actor

That is good advice, I was trying to send one hour or half hour recording at a time. 

I finally did a hose and close (unplug external drive power, unplug USB cable to external drive, reset the Hopper, then brought the drive back up and plugged back into the Hopper.  

It is now working and chugging away; one recording at a time..   

But, you are absolutely right about batching - don't ask me how I know. Smiley Happy