Hopper 3 and Dish Outdoors

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hopper 3 and Dish Outdoors

captual
Extra

I was told by a DISH Supervisor I could Not add my purchased Wally/tailgater to my Home DISH Account/service for the $7.00. He said it would have to be a seperate account for the Full price ($89) per month, or I could do pay as you go Dish RV.  I wanted to simply add my Wally to my Home account (As Advertised by DISH) for Dish Outdoors. I have had hours of run-around with DISH over issues with billing, service etc.  To date I've not delt with a company as bad.

"Already have a DISH receiver that's compatible with your portable dish? Great – by using a receiver that is already active on your account, you can watch TV outdoors without causing your monthly bill to go up one cent!

If not, call today to get a compatible receiver.

You will see a $7/mo increase on your bill for the additional receiver."

5 Replies

Re: Hopper 3 and Dish Outdoors

Chadt4141
Casting Director
So a few questions would need answered first.

1) to clarify, you own this receiver, it is not leased?

2) what is the setup you currently have on your account?

3) are you trying to connect this in your home, or for RV/Camping/Tailgating?

captual
Extra
1. Yes own Wally. 2. Home is Hooper3 & Joey. 3. Want Dish outdoors- Back yard, football game.

Chadt4141
Casting Director
As long as you do not have any 211 receivers or other Wally’s, you should be fine. Call back and talk to a different rep/sup. Worst case scenario, go to the Facebook page and send them a message, as that is the DIRT team, and they are the best in the business. You may even get a message from Matt, Chris or Pam here.

captual
Extra

I have Clearly stated what my situation, equipment and account staus is.  Adding other scenarios, equipment and changing what I have said, is just the problem I'm having with DISH, and only serves to confuse the simple issue. After many hours of speaking to so-called tech, account, RV, DISH Anywhere service reps., I finally was directed to what they call the Presidents office?  It looks like this guy in PHX may have actually fixed the problem?  This required over 30 transfers, new 800 numbers, and over 20 people!  Still the on-line account is not completely correct, and I can only hope it gets corrected by a person with common sense. Please don't ask if I shall Ever recomend DISH. Why- The account people have No power or knowledge to do Anything. You are transferred on every call. Half the calls drop off.  Nobody will call you back after they promised. EVERY rep has a Completely Different idea of how things work...I.E They just Don't Know and don't have the knoledge. 

Chadt4141
Casting Director
I can tell you as a customer, not a service rep, that I do have a pretty extensive knowledge of the inner workings. That said, nothing is getting confused... this is clarifying so that we can narrow the problem. Making assumptions on the small bit of detail could point you in the wrong direction.

With that being said, there are so many receivers allowed on an account, so I was ruling that out. I know you may be frustrated at the situation, but it does take some additional info, but in your case(I’m not sure how well the Wally’s but i know you can with the 211’s) it should just be typing in the receiver and smart card number. Some other areas that can cause troubles is if this receiver was bought from someone else, or was on a previous account. If it was, that account has to be zeroed out, and the listing of the receiver has to be purchased, not leased. Sometimes people will sell their leased receivers on sites like EBay, and then they cannot be activated because it was not their property to sell. So there are still many more questions that can be asked. What the supervisor told you, though, sounds so far off.