Fox News Network APP

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fox News Network APP

kmansp
Extra

I was pleasantly surprised this past week that the Fox news app finally allows dish subscribers to use their app to watch on the go!  I've used the dish anywhere app but it's horrible- always skips/drops out and isn't very dependable, even on SD.

Now all of the sudden I log in to Fox news app and it says I'm unauthorized user and to contact provider.  What gives!!!!  I have been enjoying actually being able to watch/listen to the news on my iphone and now it's dropped again???  This on top of HBO gone- I'm about to drop dish all together.

10 Replies

Re: Fox News Network APP

DISH Employee

Good afternoon, kmansp! I'm sorry to hear you are having issues with your Fox News app. Are you able to view your Fox News channel at home on your receiver currently? 

As for the HBO channels, we apologize you have been impacted by HBO’s decision to remove their programming from our lineup. We are working hard to reach a mutually beneficial agreement for the restoration of their channels. For more information visit DISHPromise.com

We would hate to lose you from the DISH family, we would love to make sure that you are taken care of and any and all concerns are addressed. 

carmath22
Character Actor

Same story from Dish.  They keep blaming it on Fox.  My complaint is why is it working, and then not working. Obviously, somebody flipped a switch somewhere and doesn't know what they're doing.

Dish needs to get ahold of Fox for us and work this out!

DISH Employee

Good afternoon, carmath22! We know how important this channel to you guys! We have reached out to Fox about this issue, Fox made changes on their end and it should start working soon. We are actively working with them on any concerns or needs that they have while they work to resolve the issue.

kmansp
Extra

Yes, of course fox news works fine on tv.  But on the fo news app it says contact provider and that I am an unauthorized user, even though fox news posted a message at the beginning of october saying that they now accept Dish.  It worked fine for two weeks.

ftlng
Extra
I am experiencing the same issue!! Today is the second time we had a small amount of snowfall and it knocked out my service! It's going to be a long winter. I figured I would just watch Fox News on the app. Surprise! I'm not authorized to watch ! Frustrated

DISH Employee

I am sorry to hear you were having signal loss during weather, ftlng. Once the storm is over, your services should restore. If there is any snow build up on the dish itself, it may block the signal from coming in. However, we do not want you to remove any build up if it is not safe to do so. 

DISH and FOX News is aware of this issue and the team with FOX are actively working on getting this resolved. This is an authorization issue through FOX. We appreciate your patience! 

ftlng
Extra
We never had signal loss with such little snow. Could it be possible that something needs adjustment?

DISH Employee

It is definitely a possibility. However, there might be light snow falling, but the cloud coverage could be thick. If there is heavy cloud coverage, there would be difficulties passing the signals from the satellites to the dish outside. I am happy to run a few tests on your equipment. Can you send me a private message with your phone number and 4-digit pin? 

Here is a link with steps on how to send a PM: https://communities.dish.com/t5/Communities-101/How-To-Send-a-Private-Message/td-p/15039

shakelford
Character Actor

I just switched from DTV to Dish and now I have lost access to the Fox News app. Same issue here "not authorized, contact provider" I NEVER had a problem with DTV for the fox news app. Dish--please fix this issue!