Error 004

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 004

Brakim
Extra

I am also getting this error every couple of minutes. Constantly changing channel back and forth Is very frustrating. From reading other discussions on this forum looks like it is coming from a Dish update sent out on 4/24/19. This is about the time I noticed this error also. Any hope of getting a fix soon? Very frustrating trying to watch any channel.  At the very least we should be given a refund in the monthly service charge for programming expenses since this makes the tv basically unwatchable.

14 Replies

Re: Error 004

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
The 004 is channel signal loss. Have you verified your receiver has a strong signal?

Brakim
Extra

Yes..strong signal will work for 30 minutes at a time and then start this error up..now added a new trick. Not only do I get the error and it freezes the screen, but it changes the audio to another channel. I unplugged the unit and left it sit for 20 minutes. Plugged it back in started up and tuned to a channel and 5 minutes later got error 004 and audio from different channel. No weather..nothing blocking dish antenna.

@Chadt4141 wrote:
The 004 is channel signal loss. Have you verified your receiver has a strong signal?

DISH Employee

Hello Brakim. We would definitely want to look into this and see if the steps we have for this issue work or if we may need to escalate your account to our Engineering Team for review. Can you please send us a Private Message so we can look into this with you? https://communities.dish.com/t5/Communities-101/How-To-Send-a-Private-Message/td-p/15039

mhope814
Character Actor

I'm now getting this code.  I called for customer serive and they want to charge me $95 for a service tech to fix this issue!!! I'm seriously thinking of ditching this crappy service.

mhope814
Character Actor

Yeah...  I called too and you were going to charge me $95 to have a tech come out.  Seems like we are ALL having the same issue.  I don't believe this is a simple, equipment failure.  I've been a loyal customer of 16 years!!!  I upgrade to the hopper and all of a sudden this crap.  I called and your techs tell me the solution is a $95 dollar visit from a tech or I buy insurance.  IF this is the customer support I am going to receive, I am going to cancel your service!  NOT COOL

DISH Employee

Hello mhope814! I'd love the opportunity to take a second look at what's going on with your equipment. Can you please send a Private Message so we can get this figured out? https://communities.dish.com/t5/Communities-101/How-To-Send-a-Private-Message/td-p/15039

ElleMNophe
Extra

Weʻve had this error message for the past three days. Tried to explain to the CSR that Iʻve unplugged the Hopper 5 times and keep restarting the Joeys (we have 3) and the error is occurring on all units. And despite what the CSRʻs checklist says, it is not the remote.

Super frustrating. Should we switch to Direct TV?

DISH Employee

Hello ElleMNophe. I hate to hear that you're having this 004 message on your Hopper and Joeys. I know that can get pretty frustrating for sure! This wouldn't follow the same software issue as the Wally, but would likely in issue with your signal instead. I would be more than happy to help you get this resolved. Since you have already done some troubleshooting with us, I would love to review what was done, and go from there. Can you please send me a Private Message? If you're not sure how, we have a guide right here: https://communities.dish.com/t5/Communities-101/How-To-Send-a-Private-Message/td-p/15039

Sapperd
Extra
I am getting 004 continously. Getting real tired of switching channel. It started with the update. I have contacted support with no resolution. No matter what signal strength is it locks up. I have the Wally. Does any one have a fix or do I need to change to direct?