Eastern vs Western Arc for Local Channels

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eastern vs Western Arc for Local Channels

ronaldsndrs
Extra
I’m currently utilizing the Pathway X2 in my RV located in Ohio. Dish Network is currently providing my local channels via the Western Arc on Satellite 129. Due to my surrounding I can not lock on the Western Arc; however, Eastern Arc is no issue. Technical Supports informs me that they can not provide me local channel due to my location. I’m not concerned about local news but I can not get National evening news. Anyone have a solution.
8 Replies

Re: Eastern vs Western Arc for Local Channels

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
There a few CONUS locals, however, they cannot offer national locals anymore. It is a mix between fCC regulations and contract agreements with the local channel providers. They used to offer distant Nets for RVers, but that got stopped awhile back.

DISH Employee

Good afternoon Ronald, could you send  me  a private message with the phone number on your account and your current address where you are located in Ohio?  I will be happy to confirm what options you might have to get locals pulled in with eastern arc.

If you have never sent a PM before here is a guide that covers all the steps:
https://communities.dish.com/t5/Communities-101/How-To-Send-a-Private-Message/m-p/15039#M421

DISH Employee

Good afternoon Jason, We'd be pleased to see what options you have available. Please send us a private message that includes your account credentials so that we can see what option are available for you.  

DISH Employee

Sorry for the late response to your PM Ronald, was out of office yesterday.  I checked out your account and confirmed you have the correct local package for your area, and also looked up the satellite info for that local package.

In this case you will require the western arc satellites to receive the locals (110/119/129) because this particular group of local channels is not broadcast from any of our eastern arc satellites.  Sorry I couldn't give better news on this one.

Charri
Character Actor

Well this is yet another frustrating issueSmiley Sad  not being able to get local channels on the eastern arc is upsetting.  I was hoping a move to the eastern arc would solve the wally u801 software problem .

DISH Employee

I obviously can't go into details Charri, but I can promise you that all issues relating to any new software, be it the Wally receiver or any other, are being given a hard look.  Once the specific issues that may be occuring are discovered we will do our best to get a fix to our customers ASAP.

ronaldsndrs
Extra
I’m confident Dish-network should be exploring the issue. I would also bet your RV community could careless what city the local programming originates. Most people are more interested in national programming than local news.

DaleP
Extra

Dish or someplace must have a chart or image showing which cities are in which arc, Western or Eastern. This would be very handy. As I know, in certian areas (Louisiana or Arkansas) I will get SD on the Western arc and HD on the Eastern arc.