Eastern arc and Wally receiver

terry614
Camera Crew
Can Wally receivers lock on both western and eastern arc
7 Replies

Re: Eastern arc and Wally receiver

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
At the same time, no. They can individually, however.

terry614
Camera Crew
How do I change receiver from western to eastern arc ? Does anything have to be changed with my DISH account?

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
What antenna are you using? You would put the antenna to the eastern Arc satellites. Auto satellites will automatically go towards the ones they are suppose to. The manual dishes would require a swap of the lnb.

terry614
Camera Crew
I found the the answer to the question with my dish. My Winegard G2+ dish doesn’t work on the eastern arc per the manual. Thanks for the help
Highlighted

Andymil
Extra

Ok I am at wits end I have asked many this question and received some crazy replies from dish tech support. My wineguard playmaker has OS2.1 and is supposed to be capable of 61.5 eastern arc satellite . The Wally has software update u806 but never does it ever ask to use eastern arc and one seemingly knowledgeable tech at dish indicated my Wally should ask me if I want to use 61.5 upon restart but it doesn’t. Help is my Wally **bleep** up or do I need a new update of some sort I upgraded to the wall and endured the famous u801 folly now how bout an explanation for this

DISH Employee

Hi there, Andymil. If your Playmaker has the OS2.1 and your Wally is updated to the current software, which it is currently with the U8.06, when you start up the Wally and the Playmaker, you should be able to pickup the satellite as long as the mobile antenna has a clear view of the sky, You may try disconnecting the coax cable from the receiver, run a check switch to clear out the settings, then reconnect the coax cable and rescan. 

Andymil
Extra

Ok thought I would update this and let everyone know even though playmaker box said os2.1 after calling winegard it was determined I didn't have the software. I then tried to purchase the usb stick they had on website ( no computer ) but they had none. Once home I downloaded to usb stick the bin file on the website and it worked.