Does Dish qualify for IDGO App service

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Does Dish qualify for IDGO App service

mjknight02
Character Actor
Yes please get this activated. We pay for the service so I don't understand why we can't stream it. Been with Dish for over 10 yes and I'm thinking of switching.

Chadt4141
Production Manager
You do not pay for the app though. You pay for the linear Channel. It would cost more if you paid for access to the app as well.

Lily
Extra

How can I do that. I recently purchased Fire Stick, and I am unable to activate idgo. It is kid of disappointing to be restricted of services we all pay for. All other providers gives their customers that perk. Just let me know how to go to dish anywhere on Fire Stick. At least. Thanks

Chadt4141
Production Manager
Not IDGo.. DishAbywhere on the Firestick.

Jkinsey
Extra
Is there going to be any progress with this situation soon? The dish anywhere app is extremely limited and don't get me started on the buffering issue that just seems to get worse the more they try to fix it. Thus the reason I use external apps like HBOgo to avoid buffering on the dush app.

SamRator72
Character Actor
I want on demand service. Hey Dish there is probably a good reason as to why all the other providers are offering on demand service apps. I am seriously thinking about switching back to Direct TV. I noticed that their service is available for multiple apps that I have not been able to download and use with Dish TV service.

SamRator72
Character Actor
I dont care for the Dish Anywhere App, due to the fact that it is just a mirror of what I get on my receivers. I would like on-demand service like the other hundreds of providers out there that offer this feature to their customers!

DISH Employee

Hi, SamRator72! You can access On Demand content through DISHAnywhere for certain channels. If you're manually searching, you should just be able to select "On Demand" to only search through what On Demand is available. 

We are always working to improve services and understand a lot of people would like the opportunity to watch Live TV through DISHAnywhere without it streaming from their TV, specifically in instances where they're experiencing Signal Loss. We have actually just added a feature through DISHAnywhere which allows you to live-stream certain channels. This means since they're streaming online, rather than through your receiver that you'd be able to watch these channels live, even if you're experiencing signal loss, or do not have a Sling enabled receiver. 

This feature was activated on 09/13 for DISHAnywhere.com. Currently, these are the channels available through Live Streaming: History, HGTV, Comedy Central, A&E, BET, Cooking Channel, CMT, DIY, Food Network, FYI, LifeTime, LifeTime Movie Network, LOGO, MTV, MTV2, NickJr., Paramount Network, TeenNick, Travel Channel, and TV Land.

To view all Live Streaming channels, go to the Guide on DISHAnywhere.com and you'll have a toggle option at the top that says "Live Streaming." We're working on getting this feature active on the Smart devices and the Firestick soon and are hoping to add more channels to our Live Streaming option as well. 

Chadt4141
Production Manager
On demand on the receyour vets and on demand on Dish Anywhere are not mirror services.

The receivers have somewhere around 10,000 titles, whereas the DishAnywhere on demand has about 100,00+ titles. Big difference.

SamRator72
Character Actor
Mr. Big Difference, I have the Dish Anywhere app and I am not impressed with it. As with the IDgo app (for example) they have all the shows that ID channel offers in alphabetical order with the individual shows listed buy season. Dish Anywhere does not have their shows listed by channel, although a few apps are available in Dish Anywhere but the next huge problem is that the app does not appear to use the internet but your satellite signal, so when I try to watch a show it more often then not says acquiring satellite signal... which it never finds, so I can never watch many of the shows listed do to the satellite signal. Overall, you can justify how great the Dish Anywhere app is, but in the end if you choose to ignore the complaints of customers in the end you will lose customers. I plan on moving, if Dish sticks to blocking me from the on demand apps that I enjoy using. I had Direct TV before and also have WOW TV available in my area.