Does Dish qualify for IDGO App service

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Dish qualify for IDGO App service

gdisarray
Audio Engineer

I am trying to activate the Investigation Discovery App on my FireTV.

It gives me a URL to activate the app IF I have a cable or subscription that I am paying for.  I think every Cable and Satellite provider is listed for activation EXCEPT Dish Network.  I have emailed their site but they have not reponded yet.

Is Dish a participating provider with Investigation Discovery?

I have ID in my subscription.  (Channel 192)

Or have they left you off by mistake?

13 Replies

Re: Does Dish qualify for IDGO App service

Chadt4141
Associate Producer
Dish is not, but you can view the content at the Dish anywhere app on the Firestick.

gdisarray
Audio Engineer

Actually you can't.

I installed the Dish Anywhere app on my FireTv (not firestick) and there is no on demand content available from ID Investigation Discovery.  It is a mirror of what my DVR does.  I can record the series as it airs.  And I can watch recordings already made.  Absolutely ZERO on demand content.

I am specifically looking for a show called Murder Chose Me.   There are two full seasons available on the IDGO app.  But I can't watch it because my Dish subscription apparently does not qualify me for it.  There are probalby 100 cable and other TV (DirecTV) providers that qualify me for it.  But not Dish!  Smiley Sad

Chadt4141
Associate Producer
There is on demand, it may be that you haven’t found it yet. Unfortunately, that show does not appear to have any on demand content, however.

gdisarray
Audio Engineer

It does in the IDGO app.  It let me browse before it made me activate.  

There are no less than 18 episodes available On Demand from Investigation Discovery for those people that subscribe to a carrier that has negotiated that part for their customers.  I also started watching an episode before it pulled the activation crap.

So I guess Dish shows no love for us in the On Demand area.  Probably beat ID down in price to carry the channel so ID said "No on demand for your customers. "  10 to 1 that is how it went down.  LOL

DISH Employee

Hello, gdisarray. We currently do not have access to the IDGO app yet. I would be more than happy to request that on your behalf and see what we can do about getting it! 

gdisarray
Audio Engineer

That would be awesome. 

londa1984
Extra

Can you please request this to happen on my behalf as well? This is frustrating.

Aggravated
Extra
I would think that for as much as we are paying it wouldn’t be so much to ask that we get the same as AT&T and DIRECTTV customers do.
Should go without begging really...all about valuing the customers...

AdamDurland
Extra
Dish participated up until June 2018. It is disgraceful how many apps all other providers have on the fire stick and Dish does not. Now I get to watch it buffer and have poor quality on the dish anywhere app.