Dishanywhere on Win10 Hangs 5 seconds after launch

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dishanywhere on Win10 Hangs 5 seconds after launch

jdratz2010
Camera Crew
I am on Windows 10, latest and latest DishAnywhere. Now when I launch DishAnywhere LiveTV from any browser, the app launches and goes trough the connection and starts the stream. The viewer comes up, shows the show title and the play time counter starts then the whole thing freezes after about 5 seconds. It momentarily hangs the whole PC with Not Responding. If I leave it, eventually I get the Error 16, insufficient bandwidth. Note that I can run it on my ipad, iphone etc on the same network and ran it successfully for years... I have over 200 MB internet so believe bandwidth is the issue.

I have reviewed my firewall, whitelisted the app in Norton as a precaution and in my local Norton firewall.

I've uninstalled. I've cleared all browser cache and tried IE, FireFox, Edge, and Chrome... all with the very same hang.

Any ideas would be appreciated as would a way to get an error log out of this thing. All I see in the windows event log is this:
Faulting application name: DishAnywherePlayer.exe, version: 1.1.6.424, time stamp: 0x5881fc94
Faulting module name: libcef.dll, version: 3.2171.1902.0, time stamp: 0x545f679f
Exception code: 0x80000003
Fault offset: 0x0013b1e0
Faulting process id: 0x2ad8
Faulting application start time: 0x01d388ed41348784
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\DishAnywherePlayer\DishAnywherePlayer.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\DishAnywherePlayer\libcef.dll
Report Id: 15c8c699-5715-4bc3-9a9c-4b9da99fcbda
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Dishanywhere on Win10 Hangs 5 seconds after launch

jdratz2010
Camera Crew

Solved this for me anyway.   It wasn't the solution I was hoping for though.

My system has been doing this for a while but did formerly work with DishAnywhere.  Everything went sideways at some point with windows and drivers patches and like many of you it hasn't work at all since.   I started this thread after trying a bunch of stuff to no avail.

The other day I noticed that if I ran even the Netflix Windows 10 app, it wouldn't work but would give an error.   Running netflix in FireFox was worse in that it would blue screen my PC with APC_INDEX_MISMATCH pointing at my video driver DLL.

In researching those issues I found similarly situation users running Intel integrated graphics, Intel 630.   Intel 630 APC Mismatch

I tried every sort of driver update from my Asus Prime Z270 mobo.  Eventually, I decided to just buy an Nvidia graphics card and forsake the built in Intel 630.   Voila.   Everything is working now.  Everything.

So, if you're on this same motherboard, or your device manager show you're running Intel integrated graphics, that could be your problem too.  Hopefully  Intel will fix it but for me I ran out of time.  Unfortunately, video cards are crazy expensive right now.   I got a low end NVidia 1050Ti for $204.   They were $140 last year. 

Good luck.

30 Replies

DISH Employee
Due to maintenance being performed on Dish Anywhere on Sunday, this did caused the website to be down for a couple days. I do apologize for this inconvenience. Are you still experiencing this issue?

jdratz2010
Camera Crew
No. This is an ongoing issue still happening. My dishanywhere is DOA for some reason regardless of browser. It's really odd in that it connects, shows the correct show information, recording status, etc. but before it shows a single frame of video locks the whole desktop solid. I must wait for the system to un-freeze or kill the process in task manager. If I wait about 10 minutes I'll get the insufficient bandwidth error. Any help would be great.

DISH Employee
Have you verified that your desktop's software is up to date? If so, we would need to have you contact our broadband team for the best support. You can contact them at 1-800-333-3474; be sure to request broadband support.

prana22
Extra

I'm having this same problem.

jdratz2010
Camera Crew

Yeah.  I've deleted it several times and pulled down the latest each time.   I can try again to see if a new version has dropped since my last attempt.

It would be great if there was more logging but I'm completely blind as to what the cause might be.

rz88
Extra

I am also having this exact problem. 

jwolt21
Extra

I am having the same problem alsol

rutterb
Extra

I have been having the same exact problem since the beginning of Jan. I have spent countless hours on the phone with tech support to no avail.  Today's call went something like this....."it musts be your computer". NO, it's not my computer. It worked fine all along and now it doesn't. 

Here's an excerpt from an email I received back from Dish after they told me a new player was coming out. "I certainly appreciate your response! Unfortunately, I do not have an exact date the new player will be released. Our Engineering Team is aware of the issue and a fix is in the process of being scheduled. Even though we have a very small number of customers affected by this issue (under 500), trust me we are working to get it resolved. We certainly thank you for your patience."  Sorry Dish, but I'm out of patience.

Community Manager
Community Manager

Our only work around at this time is to reboot your computer in full after the latest security update. We plan on having a new player released early this year.